Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Domestic European Leagues

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Interested?

I've always been interested in the Italian league,ever since the old channel 4 days

having lived in France,I've obviously followed that league too

not a great deal of interest in the Spanish league,although this season I'm keeping an eye on Girona
purely because it was the first airport I landed at and we played them in a friendly

the German league with it's big gates and famous teams,for whatever reason has never interested me

as for the Dutch,Belgian and Portuguese leagues,could probably hazard a guess who's top

what domestic European league games have you attended?
got a feeling quite a few have been to Germany doubled up with a stag

hoping for some bizarre ones

like Porto v Benfica,Brondy v FC Copenhagen

or maybe a Greek game,I'm told it's quite an experience

over to you

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
bloody hell!

all these remainers on here

and no one follows the football :lolol:

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
MTK Budapest V Debrecan. Hungarian League

Legia Warsaw V Lech Poznan. Polish league.

Both whilst on stags.

I think Legia clinched title. But had a stinking hangover so not 100%

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I saw Uwe play for Paderborn against 'Gladbach in Germany before he came here, that's the only foreign game I've been to but I'm determined to go to others.

Injury ruled me out of running the San Sebastian marathon last year which happened to be on the same day that Sociedad were hosting Barcelona. As it goes, the marathon ends in the stadium and the Barca players arrived at a similar time so everyone was posting sweaty post-marathon selfies with Lionel Messi. :down:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Multiple games in Spain.
Cagliari v AC Milan.

Outside of Europe, I've seen games in Peru, Argentina and Brazil plus a load in Vietnam.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I saw Uwe play for Paderborn against 'Gladbach in Germany before he came here, that's the only foreign game I've been to but I'm determined to go to others.

Injury ruled me out of running the San Sebastian marathon last year which happened to be on the same day that Sociedad were hosting Barcelona. As it goes, the marathon ends in the stadium and the Barca players arrived at a similar time so everyone was posting sweaty post-marathon selfies with Lionel Messi. :down:

their stadium reminds me of the Amex

similiar capacity and blue and white seats

only seen it empty

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
their stadium reminds me of the Amex

similiar capacity and blue and white seats

only seen it empty

Yes, the Anoeta could do with a few more fans filling it up. It was so easy getting tickets for their game with Barcelona, absolutely crazy. Sociedad tend to do well against Barca, even David Moyes got a win against them. Seeing players like Messi and Ronaldo live would be incredible, two of the finest players who will play in my life time I'm sure.

Doesn't compare to the thrill of seeing Vicente in the stripes though!

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I have been to many, many Eintracht Frankfurt games over the years, having moved out here in 2003.
They are reasonably priced, atmosphere is actually really good, you can drink beer at your seats, generally singing for the 90 mins.
Love it!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Cant get into Czech football at all. Watched PSV v Feyenoord with Feyenoord supporting mates earlier. Not happy mates haha. Amazed to see ADO Den Haag 8th!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I was on holiday in Riga a about 10 years ago and ended up drinking with some Irish lads who gave us tickets for Latvia v Northern Ireland Euro qualifier. Latvia won 1-0 but the Irish never stopped singing. Great atmosphere, shame about the Nazi style policing from the Latvian old bill, total dickheads.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
not a great deal of interest in the Spanish league,although this season I'm keeping an eye on Girona purely because it was the first airport I landed at

Girona was the first airport I landed at as well. It was our first foreign family holiday in Callela.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What amazes me how few away fans go in Europe especially France

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here