Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Coke bottle thrown

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Travelling down on the train yesterday I got talking to a chap who was sitting in the west lower next to Coventry supporters last week. When they scored he said a full coke bottle was thrown narrowly missing him and his young son. He reported this to a nearby steward who did nothing. Just wondered if anyone else witnessed this or if anyone knows if the club have taken any action.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Travelling down on the train yesterday I got talking to a chap who was sitting in the west lower next to Coventry supporters last week. When they scored he said a full coke bottle was thrown narrowly missing him and his young son. He reported this to a nearby steward who did nothing. Just wondered if anyone else witnessed this or if anyone knows if the club have taken any action.

What was he expecting the steward to do, personally march over the the away end and confiscate every single plastic bottle so that it didn't happen again?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
What looked like a bottle was thrown towards the south end goal from the Coventry fans round about the same time as the flare. It landed just behind the net I think.

Not long after that, a Coventry fan from behind the goal was forcibly ejected by stewards.

Was that the incident the bloke on the train was discussing?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
A mate of mine took his son to that game and also said about bottles and other stuff being thrown. Back in the day it was coins and darts so I guess it’s an improvement.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Fortunately, Dr Pepper was on hand.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’d like to reach the crowd to sing,
And furnish it with love.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I certainly witnessed it as it landed on the seat directly in front of me. It wasn't that the stewards did nothing but they were just plain not interested. Of course they were not going to do anything directly but incidents like this need to be logged for determining future responses. It wasn't the only bottle thrown; one landed on the pitch. Given that Coventry had just scored the stewards in front of them should have been paying attention to what was going on in the crowd; my impression was that they were a bit short of numbers.

Oddly, the last time I was nearly hit by a bottle was at the Ricoh.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Lucky it wasn't a bottle of 'Lip smacking Pepsi-Cola. '

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I certainly witnessed it as it landed on the seat directly in front of me. It wasn't that the stewards did nothing but they were just plain not interested. Of course they were not going to do anything directly but incidents like this need to be logged for determining future responses. It wasn't the only bottle thrown; one landed on the pitch. Given that Coventry had just scored the stewards in front of them should have been paying attention to what was going on in the crowd; my impression was that they were a bit short of numbers.

Oddly, the last time I was nearly hit by a bottle was at the Ricoh.

If the stewards have not at least reported this then they are not doing their job. One hopes that whoever from the Albion monitors NSC will be seeking some assurances that it was reported.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What looked like a bottle was thrown towards the south end goal from the Coventry fans round about the same time as the flare. It landed just behind the net I think.

Not long after that, a Coventry fan from behind the goal was forcibly ejected by stewards.

I saw a Coventry fan being taken out by stewards, but wasn't sure if it was for jumping onto the pitch.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
What was he expecting the steward to do, personally march over the the away end and confiscate every single plastic bottle so that it didn't happen again?

That's a bit of a silly comment, we encourage families and promote ourselves as a family club. What would have been the reaction if a racist or homophobic remark was made, or is this more serious than possibly injuring a child.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007

Possibly it was, as I say I didn't witness it I'm just relaying what was told me on the train.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here