Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Palace season ticket holders letter

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Much gnashing of teeth on their board, residents of the Holmesdale end not happy.

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Season Tickets for the 2018/19 season are now on sale.

However, we are currently reviewing the configuration in the Lower Holmesdale, with a view to enhancing both the atmosphere in the stadium and safety and security which means Season Tickets in this stand are currently not available to renew.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The end of the Ultras as we know it, how sad

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair this is typical of modern football. As much as we all know they are wannabe hoolies . They do support their side from start to finish of the game and if you have ever been there as a neutral, they do make a hell of a din.

Wonder if he will try and stop them all getting season tickets and in effect try and kill them off as a group he now regards as undesirable!

Interesting times at the palace.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not going down very well with some of the Palace 'faithful':

"How’s this for a hostile reaction? The HF can go **** themselves. They contribute to the atmosphere in Block B and Block B alone by singing shit songs that nobody else likes. I’ve sat in Block E for years and they do my head in with their monotone shitery. They DO NOT contribute to the atmosphere in Selhurst Park as a whole. **** them."

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
if you have ever been there as a neutral

It could be Crystal Palace v Exeter City in the first round of the League Cup, and I'd still be approximately 13,880,000,000 miles from "neutral".

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It is all pretty moronic. I have to turn the sound off when watching, not because it's too loud but just so BORING.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is a very interesting turn of events if it's in favour of the Ultras. They have proven to be quite an embarrassment to the club and Parish personally over the last couple of seasons and we had been led to believe the club were distancing themselves from them. Apparently the block booking of away seats privilege being withdrawn was one such measure.

I'm sure they do generate quite an atmosphere immediately around them but at any distance the drum just sounds like a monotonous dirge. I know for a fact that they aren't as universally loved by the rest of the support as some like to make out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It could be Crystal Palace v Exeter City in the first round of the League Cup, and I'd still be approximately 13,880,000,000 miles from "neutral".

A work colleague who is a palace fan took me to see them against stoke a couple of years ago...the game was dire, but they sang all game and it certainly lifted the team. Although when we play palace I always love it if we win, and I have been to every palace brighton game since 1975, I don't hold any particular malice for them up the road.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"monotone shitery"

Not the last time you'll be seeing that, on NSC.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting.

I wonder if they are considering putting in a safe standing area behind the goal?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Interesting.

I wonder if they are considering putting in a safe standing area behind the goal?

Yep - they don’t even have to wait for a change in the law if they wait until they’re in League 1 the season after next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here