Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyer substitution

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Anyone know why he was hauled off after 35mins for Ayew? He look angry when he got to the dug our. Not sure if that was tactical or injury. I deffo would have limped off just to avoid embarrassment!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone know why he was hauled off after 35mins for Ayew? He look angry when he got to the dug our. Not sure if that was tactical or injury. I deffo would have limped off just to avoid embarrassment!

Carlos wanted to put more meat on the bbq but he didn’t manage to keep their heads above the water

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Change of formation and tactics. Fair play to Carvahal for realising a change was needed and doing it in the first half.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Commentator reckoned tactical. Certainly their 5-4-1 wasn't working and they got better with Ayew on. Then Carvahal went over the top aggressive. Fine when chasing a game at home, suicidal away. They could have a got a point yesterday but their second half formation didn't really give them a chance

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Change of formation and tactics. Fair play to Carvahal for realising a change was needed and doing it in the first half.

Not sure about that, realising they needed to change their tactic was good. However, totally ceding the midfield to us was what killed Swansea. So for me Carvalhal spotted the problem but failed to correct it and actually made it far worse.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair play to Carvahal in my book. They were losing, didn't look like troubling us - losing 1-0 is still nil points, so he gambled, as he himself said in his post match interview. OK, it didn't work, but credit to him for trying. Keeping it tight and losing 1-0 might have looked better in the record books, but it wouldn't have done them any good.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fair play to Carvahal in my book. They were losing, didn't look like troubling us - losing 1-0 is still nil points, so he gambled, as he himself said in his post match interview. OK, it didn't work, but credit to him for trying. Keeping it tight and losing 1-0 might have looked better in the record books, but it wouldn't have done them any good.
He went all out attack and they got punished heavily without us playing that well. Manager screwed up big time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He went all out attack and they got punished heavily without us playing that well. Manager screwed up big time.

Justifiable gamble, didn't come off. His record with Swansea suggests he knows what he's doing. And we didn't play that well.........? Really? Funny nobody else noticed that........

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Completely agree actually. We were very poor first half but them going hung go gave us the perfect opportunity to counter attack, which we are good at.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought their manager’s decisions were the reason Swansea got a shoeing yesterday. It was evident from the first goal kick that we’d prepared for their 541 and had plans to exploit it. The Dyer substitution was correct as that set up wasn’t working and Swansea improved for it. Then he seemed to panic and put on ALL the forwards and we ran riot.

Carvalhal converted a possible draw into a damaging loss.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here