Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Where to buy Ero's, for Spain holiday (going April)

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Assuming you mean Euros! Post Office probably best if occasional, but if more regular try Revolut. It’s an ap and you buy a card. You load money in Home currency then withdraw in local from ATM. No fees (other than £10 to buy credit card) and when I have checked exchange rates at least 1.5% better than high street.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
About a week before check money saving expert website to look for best rates

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Provided you reserve online, moneycorp at the airport isn't actually that bad. I generally just stick with that as it's hassle free.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
I live in Spain and whenever I go to UK now I just take out money from a cashpoint using my Spanish credit card. I think the commission is about 5€ every time but it is a lot more convenient. So at a pinch you could always take money out of a Spanish ATM using your UK visa card. The big cards in Spain are Visa and Mastercard. Hope this helps.

jeremyfisher

Dec 8, 2013
Assuming you mean Euros! Post Office probably best if occasional, but if more regular try Revolut. It’s an ap and you buy a card. You load money in Home currency then withdraw in local from ATM. No fees (other than £10 to buy credit card) and when I have checked exchange rates at least 1.5% better than high street.

I use FairFX in the same way. Just top-up online before you go and then use a local ATM. Rates are significantly better this way.

More usefull for me, you can just use your card to make card purchases when overseas at much better rates than if you use your credit/debit card, so that means you need to carry around less 'cash' when there.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Another vote for moneycorp. I’ve just ordered some for ski trip in March @ 1.1143 I don’t think you’ll beat that anywhere else.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Plus one for Revolut. It’s so simple, the rates are very good and it’s really easy to top up and exchange. The only down side is that if you need cash I think there’s a limit to how much cash you can withdraw on the card.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

But be careful. If it’s anything like a Monzo Card (I’m sure they’re all the same) then it’s not a credit card and can’t be used for car hire and hotel checks etc, so take a real CC with you as well.

As mentioned these cards a really useful but very much a prepaid debit card.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Plus one for Revolut. It’s so simple, the rates are very good and it’s really easy to top up and exchange. The only down side is that if you need cash I think there’s a limit to how much cash you can withdraw on the card.

Unquestionably, by far the best card on the market, gives you the spot rate and will be anything up to 10% (maybe more) better than rip off fx bureaux. Easy to add cash and instantaneous

There is a 200€ a month limit on free cash withdrawals but I live in Tenerife 5 months a year and I don't use much more than that in the entire time here

Rate is 1.136 right now

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I live in Spain and whenever I go to UK now I just take out money from a cashpoint using my Spanish credit card. I think the commission is about 5€ every time but it is a lot more convenient. So at a pinch you could always take money out of a Spanish ATM using your UK visa card. The big cards in Spain are Visa and Mastercard. Hope this helps.

So from the horses mouth rather than the load mouths like Big gully. What is your options for brexit Are you likely to pack up and be sent home or are you staying and applying for citizenship? How will your medical needs be met

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
in Spain allot and weswap or revolut cards are your answer - all else is a rip off. Revolut is slightly better in my view but a bit more techy.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I always book online with Travelex and pick up at the airport. It’s usually just about the best rate online (better than Post Office) and much better than the rate they offer people just turning up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here