Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we go down and keep this squad...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.......we'll be promoted by Easter and it will be ****ing brutal.
.....different gravy.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We won't go down. Some of our football lately has been brilliant. We now have great competition up top. 10 games to go and i'm sure we can muster around 7 pts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We won't go down. Some of our football lately has been brilliant. We now have great competition up top. 10 games to go and i'm sure we can muster around 7 pts.
I know we're playing well enough to get the points, but we know how football is - sometimes games just don't go your way, and with only 5 games left against non top 6 clubs (2 at home), that's only a couple of games that would need to go against us to put us in the muck.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I know we're playing well enough to get the points, but we know how football is - sometimes games just don't go your way, and with only 5 games left against non top 6 clubs (2 at home), that's only a couple of games that would need to go against us to put us in the muck.

A lot of clubs near the end of the season will be on the beach. We are perfectly capable of nicking a few points especially at home.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The future is certainly looking rose for the club. Let's hope we can keep making sound decisions and keep building. Personally I think our next big hurdle will be what happens when Hughton goes to a bigger club. I hope this is a long way off.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The future is certainly looking rose for the club. Let's hope we can keep making sound decisions and keep building. Personally I think our next big hurdle will be what happens when Hughton goes to a bigger club. I hope this is a long way off.

Funny thing is i cannot ever see that happening and i'm relaxed about that. Hughton i think is 60 now.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Funny thing is i cannot ever see that happening and i'm relaxed about that. Hughton i think is 60 now.

That thought crossed my mind as I was typing. Wouldn't that be incredible if he stayed here until retirement?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That thought crossed my mind as I was typing. Wouldn't that be incredible if he stayed here until retirement?

Could be the Dyche problem, ain't going to a top 6 club so where does he go? Seems to me that Everton are the only club most Prem managers outside of top 6 can aspire to. That being the case why bother?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Could be the Dyche problem, ain't going to a top 6 club so where does he go? Seems to me that Everton are the only club most Prem managers outside of top 6 can aspire to. That being the case why bother?
I thought Dyche should have got the Everton job. There is an opening for a solid midtable premier league team. We should be looking to fill that gap.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I think he'll be here for a long time. Bit like Curbs at Charlton, I reckon

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
On the guide to staying up thread someone pointed out at the start of the season that if we tracked to that we would swing in mood through the season and at the end of February we would be talking about Europe, but would only just stay up. Not being pessimistic, but we have just take 8 points from 4 games where we needed to take 8 points. It will still be very close unless we find a way of nicking points from big boys.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
If we went down, could we keep this squad?

If we went down there will be an entirely different squad next season. Even Locadia....

Such is the importance of the PL and why we must stay in it. Things looking pretty good though, but one swallow doesn’t make a summer. Even if that swallow has made everyone very quickly forget about winter, need a few more swallows yet......

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

What an optimistic fella you are. :)

We'll be fine.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I thought Dyche should have got the Everton job. There is an opening for a solid midtable premier league team. We should be looking to fill that gap.

Maybe but maybe he indicated he wasn't interested. He's made for life at Burnley, jump ship to Everton, fired inside a year and has to start all over again ... why bother?

I'm not so sure there is such a thing as a solid mid table side. I would have said maybe Leicester or Southampton but the only thing you could say about them is they are involved in relegation less than some others.

I think the first objective for all 14 of the other teams on day 1 is not to get relegated and it's difficult to see that ever changing unless one gets a massive (Man C proportions) load of money chucked at them

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here