Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I make it the biggest top flight win since beating Man City 4 - 1 in 1981

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Correct

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If going by winning margin as opposed to goals then the 3-0 home win over Norwich in 82/3 would be the last one

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are there any other times when we've scored four in the top flight? Can't remember any.

Coventry City (March 1981) Manchester City (December 1979) both 4-1.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
The beautiful symmetry of this ,from a personal view , is that the 79' Man City game was my first Brighton match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Of course! It was so commonplace back then I must have just taken it as routine!

Seriously, cheers, your memories are better than mine!

Interestingly, the two occasions that we have conceded four or more this year compare well with the last period in this league. It only happened twice in 1981/82 but with regularity in the other years. Of course, we have a few tricky games to come where I would expect it to happen at again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interestingly, the two occasions that we have conceded four or more this year compare well with the last period in this league. It only happened twice in 1981/82 but with regularity in the other years. Of course, we have a few tricky games to come where I would expect it to happen at again.
Yes, trips to the Etihad and Anfield might be a bit scary!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here