Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Locadia must start because he cost a zillion pounds" merchants

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did Hughton get it right by starting one of the Premier League in-form strikers ahead of a bloke who has been out for 2 months, having only had a run-out against a mid-table League Two side?

I'm sure Locadia's time as our first choice striker will come sooner or later but whilst Murray is in such imperious form he starts, and the fact that Locadia is our record signing is absolutely irrelevant.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did Hughton get it right by starting one of the Premier League in-form strikers ahead of a bloke who has been out for 2 months, having only had a run-out against a mid-table League Two side?

I'm sure Locadia's time as our first choice striker will come sooner or later but whilst Murray is in such imperious form he starts, and the fact that Locadia is our record signing is absolutely irrelevant.

Spot on

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said elsewhere, Locadia did feck all, other than score, when he came on.
Looks like a complete waste of money to me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If we were just 1 goal up with 10 minutes to go then I am positive Ulloa would have come on but Hughton called it absolutely spot on with easing him in when we are comfortably ahead IMO.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Were there loads of people saying Locadia must start? That's not something I've noticed. Front men who are in form and scoring should never be dropped.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
If a player is on form - he keeps the shirt. If the rest of the squad realise that (and I'm sure they do) then it's called an incentive. Quality management.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have to say before kick off I thought Murray was the overly safe selection and Locadia would have bullied Swansea based on his pace and strength. Happy to be proved wrong. The competition has made Glenn up his game and he was magnificent today.

Feb 6, 2018

I hope you’re joking. Murray was brilliant today and has been for the majority of the season, but to say Locadia looks like a complete waste of money is laughable!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Locadia is making a very strong case for 1st choice Striker. There is only one man that can keep him out the starting 11 and he is doing that very well indeed.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

You’re on form tonight. Writing off a player who hasn’t started a PL game. Echos the premature comments about Ryan and Schelotto.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Were there loads of people saying Locadia must start? That's not something I've noticed. Front men who are in form and scoring should never be dropped.

Unfortunately there are. According to many of them Murray is a Championship striker. They are quite often the same people who can't understand how Bong is permitted to play football, think Kayal should be playing instead of Stephens, Dunk is red card waiting to happen and Maty Ryan is too short to be a professional keeper.

And Ashley Barnes is not a goalscorer.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Thing with CH has always been it’s your shirt. You perform you keep it. At this time Murray is performing so he keeps it. Difference now there are 2 real quality players on the bench who want it. Any slip in form he loses it and he knows it.
Result is real quality performances

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Same line up next week.

Murray rightly deserves his place, Locadia will get his chance at some point I’m sure.

Very happy with Jurgen’s two goals though. Shame I haven’t seen him play in the flesh yet, for work reasons.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
You’re on form tonight. Writing off a player who hasn’t started a PL game. Echos the premature comments about Ryan and Schelotto.

Come on. Other than scoring on his debut in the cup, then coming off the bench to score in his first PL game, what has Locadia done for us?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thing with CH has always been it’s your shirt. You perform you keep it. At this time Murray is performing so he keeps it. Difference now there are 2 real quality players on the bench who want it. Any slip in form he loses it and he knows it.
Result is real quality performances
Not quite true but I do agree with the general gist. Recently Duffy has been off form and Goldson has been brilliant in the chances offered yet today Hughton went with Duffy and got the decision spot on because Duffy was back to his best.

It's as if Hughton knows more than us!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Of course it is.

Murray has the shirt, in the same way Bruno did, but Schelotto now has it.

All about patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here