Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So Mike Dean...what did you think

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
of his performance today...gave the penalty.......felt like some of his decisions were starting to irritate people ...and he eventually got an ironic cheer for giving a free kick (didn't that lead to the second goal?)
Is he still a bit of an arse?

IMG_0454.jpg

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Got the important decisions right today.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He's reffed us 4 times this season, ( I think)
Swansea away. 1-0 win
Chelsea away 2-0 defeat
Southampton away 1-1 draw
Swansea hime, 4-1 win

Nit so bad, all in all.

But, he's still a ****.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
As others have said, got the critical ones right. When we went a goal up though, it seemed like he was going to keep giving them free kicks until they equalised.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Penalty correct, but some completely late mystifying decisions. Hughton was in the 4th officials ear more than any time this season.

6 being average. 5 out of 10 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
of his performance today...gave the penalty.......felt like some of his decisions were starting to irritate people ...and he eventually got an ironic cheer for giving a free kick (didn't that lead to the second goal?)
Is he still a TOTAL of an arse?

Amended for you.

Yes

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Did he get the critical decisions right? Looked like a clear handball prior to Swansea scoring. Thankfully we were 3-0 up at the time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Guardian summed it up best -
'This was a curiously disjointed game for long spells, frustration growing at some points in the stands after missed chances and a series of minor but unfavourable refereeing decisions. Indeed, the home fans gave referee Dean a standing ovation when one did go in their favour: as a man who tends to shirk attention, he was presumably very embarrassed."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/24/brighton-swansea-premier-league-match-report

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'll wait to see it on MotD, but looked like Abrahams was in full Meadowlark Lemon mode before their goal.

Abraham didn't score. It was a Dunk og.

He got the penalty decision right but was getting on my nerves with every 50/50 ball going Swansea's way. That's why he got such a huge cheer when we finally got a free kick, which almost directly led to our second goal.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

He got the penalty decision right but was getting on my nerves with every 50/50 ball going Swansea's way. That's why he got such a huge cheer when we finally got a free kick, which almost directly led to our second goal.
But it was still their goal

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Guardian summed it up best -
'This was a curiously disjointed game for long spells, frustration growing at some points in the stands after missed chances and a series of minor but unfavourable refereeing decisions. Indeed, the home fans gave referee Dean a standing ovation when one did go in their favour: as a man who tends to shirk attention, he was presumably very embarrassed."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/24/brighton-swansea-premier-league-match-report

Yes read that article earlier, ‘ a man who tends to shirk attention’ - where’s the exclamation mark, surely the journalist is not serious?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I was right in front of that free kick decision.

Did anyone else see his big smile when we cheered it? Got off on it big time.

He’s still a total knob. I won’t forget......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here