Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United ticket sales

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any of the usual suspects clock how many tickets were on sale from the off today?

Interested to know how many have sold on day 1 as my gut feel is sales are quite sluggish. Not entirely surprising given the sales window was sprung on people and the other logistics people will need to sell.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not many, hopefully. Will be a great chance for us non STH’s to get an away ticket for one of the ‘big’ teams.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would honestly be amazed if anyone who wants a ticket doesn't get one.

Was thinking that too. Can imagine say 20% if STH’s being interested which still leaves 1500 tickets for members. I do reckon we’ll sell the allocation, though.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Such kick off times are a symptom of the game taking fans for granted - as is presumed they will do whatever it takes to follow their team

Given that an 11pm finish is possible and you can choose to watch game at home with beer out of fridge at a cost of about £100 or more less than going to game - there will surely come a point at which people say - thanks but no thanks when it comes to following their team

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was thinking that too. Can imagine say 20% if STH’s being interested which still leaves 1500 tickets for members. I do reckon we’ll sell the allocation, though.

I think it will be there or thereabouts, but I think if those who want a ticket move relatively quickly when their opportunity comes, they'll get one.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Any of the usual suspects clock how many tickets were on sale from the off today?

Interested to know how many have sold on day 1 as my gut feel is sales are quite sluggish. Not entirely surprising given the sales window was sprung on people and the other logistics people will need to sell.

I’m sure the club email said 5500

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Such kick off times are a symptom of the game taking fans for granted - as is presumed they will do whatever it takes to follow their team

Given that an 11pm finish is possible and you can choose to watch game at home with beer out of fridge at a cost of about £100 or more less than going to game - there will surely come a point at which people say - thanks but no thanks when it comes to following their team

I don't think the TV bods give a toss.....it's viewing figures on the box they're worried about.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m sure the club email said 5500

5,500 tickets is the allocation but not all blocks were released, so to know how many have sold you'd need to know the number on sale in those blocks when it first opened.

(We'd also not know how many tickets the club have kept back for players' family, staff and partners, but I'm ignoring that for now)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
5,500 tickets is the allocation but not all blocks were released, so to know how many have sold you'd need to know the number on sale in those blocks when it first opened.

(We'd also not know how many tickets the club have kept back for players' family, staff and partners, but I'm ignoring that for now)

Ah..sorry about that

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Well am sure the "last few available" may be available for several days would be my guess

No need to let facts undermine the marketing hype

Victor Chandler

Sep 2, 2014
Haywards Heath
It looks like we will have the whole of the upper tier of the East Stand as the blocks listed for sale to away fans (E331 to E336) make up the entire upper tier.

Apparently the upper tier holds a total of 6,450 ( http://www.redcafe.net/threads/old-trafford-capacity-statistics.313462/ ). That means each of the six blocks holds an average of 1075.

Can anyone on here who bought a ticket early doors recall if as many as 1,000 tickets were available in each of the three available blocks (E331, E332 and E334)?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I can confirm we sold 462 tickets since 13:00 today which is very slow. I still had the session up in chrome on my pc so went back through my screens. Not sure if any of the early birds can do that.

I have seen something on the MUFC site which indicates 6000 in the second tier of the East Stand so I would guess we have sold 1700 so far in total assuming each section is 1000 which it might not be...

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have seen something on the MUFC site which indicates 6000 in the second tier of the East Stand so I would guess we have sold 1700 so far in total assuming each section is 1000 which it might not be...

I can't recall when I looked, but it certainly didn't look like each block that had been put on sale had started as high as 1,000 seats, but...

a) I could have missed the early rush, and/or
b) The club may have kept a fair chunk back for their own purposes.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was early, and 331, 332, & 333 were each showing availability of 920 +/- 25. Hope that’s helpful...

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Bozza, I reckon each block has about 1000 seats gross, I uspect they will block off the first 2 or 3 rows (to counteract the risk of people lobbing stuff over), so I reckon each section has about 940 seats on sale. 6 of those makes about 5500.

I was straight on at 10am, and got row 7 of the central section 333. So I think this is about right. I’ve heard some people are holding on waiting for middle tier to go on sale, but there is no chance in hell of that happening.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

kinda pissed off but not surprised that they haven’t rewarded those that have been to all the previous games cup games so glad if this is the case.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
When I purchased it looked like about 850 in each block assuming blocks are equal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a bumhole time for a game of football. I'll be parking my arse on a local barstool, and watching it unfold from there. Serious kudos to anyone traveling up from Sussex for this. I'll be at Everton the week before, but I'd rather sink my nether regions into a Moulinex than trapse up to the northwest again for a 7.45 at Old Tourist Central.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here