Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There's a side worse at converting corners than us...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who knew?

https://whisp.rs/2EKjTbv

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 18.14.29.png

Where did our 1 goal come from?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Had you asked me who was the biggest threat at corners I'd have probably have had Burnley in my top three. I guess I'm still scarred from those last few minutes in 2016 when they looked like scoring every time they had one.

Do you have the same data for conceding? I'd like to see us top of something.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Izquierdo's long range cracker came straight after a corner wasn't adequately cleared - don't know if that counts.

Still pissed off at Burnley's last minute equaliser from a corner in our 2-2 draw a couple of seasons ago.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Be interesting to see how the figures look at the end of the season I suspect Leo Ulloa will drastically improve these figures

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think Burnley haven't had a penalty this season (There again I could be wrong).

Remember saying to my brother "Oh great another corner" against WHU then "JOSE!".

We must be near the best team in the top 4 leagues for saving penalties over the last two seasons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be interesting to see how the figures look at the end of the season I suspect Leo Ulloa will drastically improve these figures

I don't see what Ulloa will do that Murray, Dunk, Duffy and to a much lesser extent Hemed have failed to do so far.

Man City's 7 goals from 204 attempts does rather back up the theory from some on here, that we should be pretty disappointed when awarded a corner.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
That is a disgraceful statistic....when you know points and goals are going to be at a premium the very least you should be doing is optimising your efficiency at set pieces. What the **** do they practice on that £15m training ground?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
On a different note we haven't conceded from a corner for a while (famous last words) has anyone spotted a change in our defending of corners or have we been very lucky recently or were we very unlucky earlier in the season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here