Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Trip to Headingley

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If staying in the centre of Leeds, they do direct busses (i.e. no stops en-route) from the Station to the Cricket ground for a reasonable price.
Also if you are after a hotel a bit quieter outside of the centre but close to Headingley then the Village Hotel (North Leeds) in Far Headingley is a good choice. The cricket teams often stay there as well. The hotel has several large screens showing sport.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
One or too slightly harsh views on Leeds here. I moved to the city a little under twelve years ago and during that had time has been subject to a huge amount of investment and is unrecognisable as a result.

As I said on another thread, think we're going to have to get a proper Seagulls over Leeds thing going, so we can gather for matches that we can't make.

How has no one mention the Angel pub yet? It's the best pub in the world!

Good call - it's spit and sawdust, but in a good way. Bloody hard to find though.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
skyrack and royal oak in headingley, can't really go wrong

The Skyrack is one of the aforementioned MASSIVE pubs near to the ground. On a Sunday when I've been then, despite it's size it's been absolutely RAMMED with students watching the football. I tend to go to the Original Oak across the road which is similar but not quite so packed. Neither would be my pub of choice if I wasn't just nipping in for a quick pint though.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The Skyrack is one of the aforementioned MASSIVE pubs near to the ground. On a Sunday when I've been then, despite it's size it's been absolutely RAMMED with students watching the football. I tend to go to the Original Oak across the road which is similar but not quite so packed. Neither would be my pub of choice if I wasn't just nipping in for a quick pint though.

minus the students if its a summer test!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here