Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I.T. HelpDesk request

0 Not allowed!
    I'm trying to use a work laptop and can't even get started.... grrr

What does the following mean and how do I get round it....?

“There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request”
    The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Assuming you're trying to use wireless ? The wireless is turned off possibly.

If not using wireless is your network cable properly plugged in ?
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm trying to use a work laptop and can't even get started.... grrr

What does the following mean and how do I get round it....?

“There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request”
      It means that your computer needs to connect to a server before it even lets you login. I.e, you need to be connected to the internet in some way.

Wifi won't work unless you've connected to a network before, so your only hope is plugging it in with an ethernet cable and hoping it connects successfully to whatever server it's trying to connect to.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      It means that your computer needs to connect to a server before it even lets you login. I.e, you need to be connected to the internet in some way.

Wifi won't work unless you've connected to a network before, so your only hope is plugging it in with an ethernet cable and hoping it connects successfully to whatever server it's trying to connect to.
      If I plug it into the University of Brighton ethernet will it be able to connect to the England Cricket Board server...?
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.
      Muslamic Infidel

1 Not allowed!
      I am assuming this is a laptop issued by the company you work for?

It's looking to verify your account against your company domain. Have you ever logged into the laptop before? If you have it should picked up your locally cached profile and login to that without the need to verify your account on the domain. If you've never logged into the laptop before then it would need to be connected your company network in some way, either via ethernet or wi-fi, this would normally have to be done while on company premises. You can then take the laptop away, login at home and connect to home wi-fi etc.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      If I plug it into the University of Brighton ethernet will it be able to connect to the England Cricket Board server...?
      Only if the UoB network allows open access and has access to the internet and the ECB server is accessible form the internet.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      Only if the UoB network allows open access and has access to the internet and the ECB server is accessible form the internet.
      The internet access is pretty free and easy here ( :ahem: ). Is it likely that the ECB server will be accessible? Otherwise I'm screwed as I can't get to Lords today...

I'll give it a whirl. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
      Bollocks...!!!

It teased me by flicking to a nice "Welcome" screen before going back to “There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request”... grrr

Any other ideas about a way round this?

0 Not allowed!
      Your laptop is not recognised by the domain.

Has it been a while since you used it at work ?

Removing and re-adding to the domain always works for me... but you need Admin to do that...
      Time for some proper football, win lose or draw :-)