Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Taskmaster 4 new series commissioned

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Last night had me im stitches.

Dont think ive laughed at a taskmaster episode since Bob Mortimer was on there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm looking forward to watching this tonight on catch-up. Baddiel, Brand and Wix have disaster written all over them.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Confirmed moving to Channel 4.

Channel 4 has nabbed British entertainment format Taskmaster – the highest profile channel swap for a show since The Great British Bake Off moved from the BBC to C4.

The network has handed the Avalon Television-produced series a six season deal across three years and will launch episodes in 2020.

Creator Alex Horne said, “We’ve had an amazing nine series on Dave and I’d like to thank UKTV for letting us do such ridiculous things for so long. Greg and I are looking forward to getting started on a new series for Channel 4 from next year. It seems like the right time to move to a channel with a broader audience and I can reassure people who like the show that it won’t be changing one bit and I’ll still be forced to do things no one should ever have to do.”

-------------------------

I really hope they leave it alone, the current format works.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/channe...er-from-uktv-with-six-season-deal-1202792786/

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Confirmed moving to Channel 4.

Channel 4 has nabbed British entertainment format Taskmaster – the highest profile channel swap for a show since The Great British Bake Off moved from the BBC to C4.

The network has handed the Avalon Television-produced series a six season deal across three years and will launch episodes in 2020.

Creator Alex Horne said, “We’ve had an amazing nine series on Dave and I’d like to thank UKTV for letting us do such ridiculous things for so long. Greg and I are looking forward to getting started on a new series for Channel 4 from next year. It seems like the right time to move to a channel with a broader audience and I can reassure people who like the show that it won’t be changing one bit and I’ll still be forced to do things no one should ever have to do.”

-------------------------

I really hope they leave it alone, the current format works.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/channe...er-from-uktv-with-six-season-deal-1202792786/
It is a shame that smaller channels do all the work to make a series a hit and then C4 swoop in and chuck money at it. Perhaps if they concentrated on making their own programmes better, they could save themselves a few quid.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I think Taskmaster is the only thing I have ever watched on Dave. Had to set to video each week otherwise I would have forgotten it was there, in fact as there are so many adverts, I would have recorded it anyway. Looking forward to the next series, will be hard to better Brand and Baddiel though.

There could be lots of decent stuff on Dave but I never think to look there.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It is a shame that smaller channels do all the work to make a series a hit and then C4 swoop in and chuck money at it. Perhaps if they concentrated on making their own programmes better, they could save themselves a few quid.
Well the production company have done most the work, it's made by Avalon. That's the way many programmes are made these days, even the BBC are making them for other channels. Graham Norton on the BBC is made by ITV.

As for the UKTV channels being "smaller" they are owned by the BBC.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. as for Channel 4 concentrating on making better programmes they don't actually make any.

They are all made by independent producers.

All Avalon have done is find a customer willing to pay more for THEIR programme.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As good a place as any:-

[tweet]1282635126770405376[/tweet]

TM.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1288407818693992448[/tweet]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
[tweet]1288407818693992448[/tweet]

Herring finally moaned his way on then. Nice. Never heard of the other guy though who isn't Vegas though.

Did see an article yesterday saying 95% of the tasks were filmed pre-Covid but some of the team tasks and all of the studio recordings will be socially distanced.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ridiculously excited about this

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Whenever the 'What would be your ideal Taskmaster line up?' conversation has come up, my answer has always been 'Johnny Vegas and four other people''. The most excited I've been about a series since Bob Mortimer was on. Herring has been desperate to play and should win, but having seen both Greg Davies and Alex Horne on RHLSTP, I'm fairly sure that they know how much fun there is to be had in making sure that he doesn't.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
They’ve been uploading an episode a week on YouTube during the shutdown so we in the states can watch it. So far they’ve just finished uploading the final from season 6. IMO all of them have been great except for season 6, but I’m pretty much anxiously awaiting the seasons with Rhod and Acaster as I think they’re two of the funniest people on the planet. I wish Richard Ayoede would do it because not only is he intelligent but he quietly a very good athlete.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
They’ve been uploading an episode a week on YouTube during the shutdown so we in the states can watch it. So far they’ve just finished uploading the final from season 6. IMO all of them have been great except for season 6, but I’m pretty much anxiously awaiting the seasons with Rhod and Acaster as I think they’re two of the funniest people on the planet. I wish Richard Ayoede would do it because not only is he intelligent but he quietly a very good athlete.

6 was the weakest series. You have a treat to come with 7.Ayoade has previously said that he'd like to do it. I think that he had to turn down a previous series because of scheduling commitments for 'Travel Man'. I've read that they have already filmed some tasks for Series 11, so there is a hope that he may be one of the contestants for that one.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
6 was the weakest series. You have a treat to come with 7.Ayoade has previously said that he'd like to do it. I think that he had to turn down a previous series because of scheduling commitments for 'Travel Man'. I've read that they have already filmed some tasks for Series 11, so there is a hope that he may be one of the contestants for that one.

I am now through episode 9 (just posted today on YouTube) of the 7th season. I don’t want Rhod and Acaster out of my life when episode 10 posts next Thursday. I’ve loved several of the seasons but this one is special to me. Can’t wait to catch up on the following seasons. I’m going to now have to go back and listen to the Acaster Christmas special podcast with Greg Davies as they referred to taskmaster a bunch and I didn’t understand some of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here