Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Taskmaster 4 new series commissioned

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Great news - Dave have commissioned 4 new series of Taskmaster with the first airing in Spring this year. More top capers and Greg Davies bullying to look forward to. What is NSC's favourite task moment so far. For me its either Joe Wilkinson's flawed potato in the hole in one or the Rosalind's a ****in nightmare song from the last series.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Great news - Dave have commissioned 4 new series of Taskmaster with the first airing in Spring this year. More top capers and Greg Davies bullying to look forward to. What is NSC's favourite task moment so far. For me its either Joe Wilkinson's flawed potato in the hole in one or the Rosalind's a ****in nightmare song from the last series.

Loads of best moments - most of what Bob Mortimer did was amazing.

Just like to add I bloody love Taskmaster - it is absolutely hilarious, and a great family viewing programme, if you don't mind a bit of swearing, which I don't.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Great news I was worried they ended it with the christmas special.

I always enjoy the balance of new and old comedians. James Acaster would be a great addition to one series.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My personal favourite moment was Jon Richardson's version of Three Blind Mice. Had to pause it for a good 10 minutes trying to regain composure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My personal favourite moment was Jon Richardson's version of Three Blind Mice. Had to pause it for a good 10 minutes trying to regain composure.

This thread has sent me off on a bit of a Youtube fest:-

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Line up: Alice Levene, Asim Chaudry, Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard & Tim Vine.

I like Tim Vine more when he is himself than when he is doing his act. From what I have seen of 'People Just Do Nothing', Chaudry looks a good choice and I like Liza Tarbuck a lot.

For those who are not over excited by this line up, Chortle says that James Acaster is lined up for a future series: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/02/21/39194/taskmaster_gets_four_new_series

Who else would you like to see? Given a pick I'd go for Johnny Vegas or Bridget Christie.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Jack Dee... or Stewart Lee... just imagine!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Jack Dee... or Stewart Lee... just imagine!

I don't think they would get Stewart Lee. He'd have to give up too much control. Herring on the other hand? "I just want to be on the telly. Let me be on the telly!"

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't think they would get Stewart Lee. He'd have to give up too much control. Herring on the other hand? "I just want to be on the telly. Let me be on the telly!"

Richard Herring and Andrew Collins would make a good dynamic having worked together for years, done a brilliant Podcast together and then fallen out, not sure why.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Vic Reeves (Jim Moir) would be great also... as mad as Bob Mortimer, just taller.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great series, consistently excellent and never a bad panel of contestants yet.

I'd most love to see Stewart Lee on the show, Frankie Boyle, Matt Ford, Reece Shearsmith too.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd love to see Jack Whitehall on there, not because I like him, but because I'd like to see him mocked.

I assume Ricky Gervais wouldn't do it, but perhaps Stephen Merchant might be up for it - he'd be hilarious at some of the more physical tasks. Karl Pilkington?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Line up: Alice Levene, Asim Chaudry, Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard & Tim Vine.

I like Tim Vine more when he is himself than when he is doing his act. From what I have seen of 'People Just Do Nothing', Chaudry looks a good choice and I like Liza Tarbuck a lot.

For those who are not over excited by this line up, Chortle says that James Acaster is lined up for a future series: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/02/21/39194/taskmaster_gets_four_new_series

Who else would you like to see? Given a pick I'd go for Johnny Vegas or Bridget Christie.

That line up doesnt shout fantastic, but as you say Asim Chaudry should be good, Russell Howard wont be too bad. Just glad its back. I didnt think I would like Al Murray but I thought he added quite a bit to the show and I expected Paul Chowdray to be brilliant but he was pretty poor in the end.

Well I have Already voted for James Acaster but i wouldnt also mind seeing Chris Ramsey and Tom Rosenthal.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Fantastic news! They have had some fantastic contestants on the show, Nisha Kumar being a personal favourite.
Wasn't too sure on Katherine Ryan as never particularly liked her. I saw her at a comedy show above the Quadrant pub a few years ago and me and the wife thought she was awful, we were very surprised to see her on the TV a couple of weeks later and haven't liked her in anything she has been on apart from Taskmaster.

I do second wanting to see Johnny Vegas, Russell Howard, Jack Dee and Tim Vine on the show.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
This is the best news since.......well ever really.

It is by far the best thing on the telly. I have watch the song for Rosalind about 50 times, it is locked on the planner for all time - Bob is a dark genius and I fancy Sally.

It is pure unbridled joy in an age of fake news, Trump and brexit.

Stewart Lee wouldn't do it, its the wrong platform for him, in fact as my favourite comedian I hope he doesnt as I dont think its a good fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here