Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] What have we come to??

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's unreal isn't it, thousands of children die each day through lack of clean water, malnutrition and war and we seldom acknowledge it, challenge it or care about it; we run out of chicken and it's all over the news and people are demanding action.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surprised KFC haven't seized the opportunity to offer some veggie gap fillers? Also surprised they haven't looked at Quorn as a part of their normal New Product Development process, the food industry needs to wake up to flexitarianism.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just noticed this headline on the dreadful ITV morning show:

'Police urge public to stop reporting KFC chicken shortage.'

Jesus wept. It reminds me of the sort of spoof headlines you used to get on the The Day Today.

Good thing the PM doesn't do a State of the Nation speech like the US president.

It would be pretty short

Up sh*t creek without a paddle!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just noticed this headline on the dreadful ITV morning show:

'Police urge public to stop reporting KFC chicken shortage.'

Jesus wept. It reminds me of the sort of spoof headlines you used to get on the The Day Today.

I've still got that on DVD. All 6 episodes worth of headlines are here including gems like - "Brian Ferry's bathmat poisonous say lab." & "Portillo's wife defends crack habit."

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Five live had a whole feature on it yesterday, complete with interviews with disappointed punters: "What are you going to do?" (an interviewer asks in much the same way you'd ask Lionel Messi the same question after Chrissy Ronaldo had chopped one of his legs off during the night)...."Dunno - someone said the KFC on the other side of town might....." wimpers the poor starving dear, in the same voice as a sub-Saharan mother who has walked 50 miles to find water for her dying children, only to find the well is dry.

**** me. I am aware of snowflakes and broflakes. Are these 'noflakes'? Unlikely given that most of them probably have dandruff.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its child abuse to take your kids there

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I don't remember KFC ever having much chicken in it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I genuinely would like the people who called the police rounded up and put on TV.
I want to see what they look like and why on earth they did it along with that cretin that told the ambulance driver to not park in her road even though they were dealing with an emergency.
I want to know what goes through the head of these people they should be exposed and embarrassed.
Pound to a penny they are all leave voters.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's unreal isn't it, thousands of children die each day through lack of clean water, malnutrition and war and we seldom acknowledge it, challenge it or care about it; we run out of chicken and it's all over the news and people are demanding action.
Yesterday, a council in Scotland voted in favour of a scheme to feed children in poverty 12 months of the year instead of just providing free school meals during term time. 5th biggest economy in the World ...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yesterday, a council in Scotland voted in favour of a scheme to feed children in poverty 12 months of the year instead of just providing free school meals during term time. 5th biggest economy in the World ...

Yes, read about that. For me there also been a shift in what parents feel is down to them as well as some very real issues of children in poverty. I remember in the 60s Mum very often saying she didn't want dinner on a Thursday evening, it's only later in life you realise what selfless devotion and care to her children that was.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Rather than the Police urging the public not to report the lack of chicken at KFC, why don't they just charge everyone who has reported this (terrible :cry:) event with wasting Police time.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm informed that Snake tastes a lot like Chicken.

Our native Grass Snake isn't an endangered species so why aren't these people out there foraging for an alternative rather than whinging? ???

Bloody Townies...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here