Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Coventry Fans

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Must admit, I found most of them pretty decent and good humored on Saturday, plus always interesting to share a good chat about a club being shafted...

" Being a Coventry fan is awful, but I love it", on the BBC website, (must admit, did find the Twist and Shout a bit grinding after a while), and wouldn't have a clue how to post a link, but reminds me of being a Brighton fan, (and England Test Cricket fan), over the years, where you just make the best of a decent day out:(:(

Apparently that chant started at half time at The Emirates when they were getting hammered and it came on in the concourse .

Sorry, now maffews away for a couple of weeks, I promised him I'd start a few pointless threads......

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Some tossers giving it large at the John Harvey in Lewes apparently before I got there, but had a good chat with a few normal ones over a beer outside. They have pretty much no hope for the future which is sad. There is interest but asking price from SISU is far too high. Interestingly they said Maguire-Drew was pony and we were welcome to have him back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Most of the ones I met were trying very hard to look like a member of Oasis , it’s not a crime yet but I found it rather amusing at others who had picked up on this and started singing Today is gonna be the day ! La la la de de da da ! Etc , still it made the wait for the Bus interesting, a muted does your boyfriend get the bus was quickly quashed with a rousing retort of , MAYBE , you’re gonna be the one that saves me ! :lolol:

Apart from that not a bad group and we certainly know what they’re going through .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Interestingly they said Maguire-Drew was pony and we were welcome to have him back

I've seen the same comment from Lincoln fans.

Don't hold out much hope for him making it at the albion after these 2 loans.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
There were a few bellends who'd had half a shandy trying to cause trouble at the station after the game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It was strange how many looked like a member of Oasis until I saw that Paul Weller was on at the Centre. Must have been every birthday and Christmas in one for a fan getting tickets to both in one day.
Many still in town on Sunday as well with their haircuts and Coventry scarves.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought they were good - I even ventured into the away end with my Dad after the game to see one of his old friends from up there.

Only major bellends I saw were 2 blokes walking briskly holding various kids hands singing 'FA Cup winners, you'll never sing that' at a pace 100 x too fast with a tinge of anger and venom that they'd got comfortably beat - bless them.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
First time this season i've heard any chants about us going down! Was fully expecting this to come from the likes of Chelsea after they hammered us, unless I missed it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There were a few bellends who'd had half a shandy trying to cause trouble at the station after the game.

Par for the course at a football game from any teams supporters ...as an aside i walked from Coldean Lane to the ground with a few of them and enjoyed a good football natter

el punal

First time this season i've heard any chants about us going down! Was fully expecting this to come from the likes of Chelsea after they hammered us, unless I missed it.

We're far too nice for that sort of nonsense, anyway it's all too complicated at the moment - try singing "You're going down with the Palace, the Saints, the Baggies, the Taffies, the Hammers, the Cherries, the Potters, the Geordies!".The lyrics change each week depending on who's won or lost.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
In my experience of living in Coventry, 95% of Cov fans are generally decent and knowledgeable football fans. The other 5% tend to be chavvy thugs with a massive chip on their shoulder. And yes, for some reason there are loads of 'Madchester' types still living in the 90s up here.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Thought they were good - I even ventured into the away end with my Dad after the game to see one of his old friends from up there.

Only major bellends I saw were 2 blokes walking briskly holding various kids hands singing 'FA Cup winners, you'll never sing that' at a pace 100 x too fast with a tinge of anger and venom that they'd got comfortably beat - bless them.

To which of course the correct reply is: "Sussex Senior Cup winners - you'll never sing that".

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Generally decent I thought although as if entering a brave new world rather wary of actually being welcomed somewhere.....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Met a bunch in the evening star after the game, enjoyed their day out!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Best and loudest away support of the season I thought.

Group of friends came down for the weekend and joined us in NS concourse for a couple afterwards. A good day was had by all.

They have pretty much given up and know they are going nowhere under their current ownership; was just a bit surprised that they weren't more vocal about getting rid of their owner. Similar plight to poor old Charlton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here