Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Payback Time!!!

el punal

And so it has come to pass. The dear lady wife innocently asked me how many Albion away games had I been to this season. Ten, I replied, but a few more to go to like Everton, Man City, Liverpool etc.

Why? I enquired naively. Well, she replies, as you've enjoyed yourself so much while I've been stuck at home I thought I'd make up for it by going on holiday (with her sister) - and you can stay behind and look after the dog.

Beads of nervous sweat glistened on my forehead. When? I tentatively asked. Oh, about the beginning of July, she says. Phew! At least it's not before the end of the season I inwardly celebrate.

You DON'T mind, do you? She asks with a look of malevolent satisfaction, knowing full well that she's got me by the proverbial short and curlies.

No, not at all, you enjoy yourself. I responded, thinking warm summer evenings, dog walking to the nearest pub, excuse for one, two, maybe a couple more pints. And, hopefully, another season in the Premier League to plan the next batch of away trips. Life can be sweet! :drink:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You get the TV to yourself to see...

The end of the World Cup
2-15 July: Tennis - Wimbledon
Start of the Tour de France
8 July: Formula 1 - British Grand Prix, Silverstone

And, if lucky, Sussex in the One Day Finals at Lord’s on 30 June

Not bad.

Jul 7, 2003
Have managed the majority of away games this season as it is my son's first experience of top flight football. Daren't think how much it has cost in tickets, travel, food and drink for two of us. Took my daughter on a shopping trip recently to try and balance things out a bit and will be taking Mrs DCH away for a weekend at the end of the season to try and make up for being missing most Saturdays since August (and a few Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays!).

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
You lot should learn to appreciate the good women in your lives and remember "Girls just wanna have fun".

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Over the last three years wifey went back to England to see relatives every year, the first on her own for 2 weeks and the next with the youngest for 3 weeks and last year with the youngest again for 5 weeks.
I told her of my plans at around maybe Sept this year to pop over and catch up my friends and relatives, she though I was including her in it as well, then came the bombshell !

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Will you get a cleaner in ? How will the shirts get ironed ? What about the washing ? Google how to open conditioner tray it’s very tricky on some models , get her to cook 16 individual meals in clearly marked containers, no repeat meals either , crafty women may try sneak in 2 the same , no clue how the floors will get hoovered so I guess eat outside ? Make sure she cleans the bathroom properly before she goes , 34% of household accidents happen in the bathroom, best not risk that yourself . I hope she’s happy with herself leaving you on your own , if you get into difficulties there’s actually a helpline you can ring for pillow fluffing ect , good luck stay strong .

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
And so it has come to pass. The dear lady wife innocently asked me how many Albion away games had I been to this season. Ten, I replied, but a few more to go to like Everton, Man City, Liverpool etc.

Why? I enquired naively. Well, she replies, as you've enjoyed yourself so much while I've been stuck at home I thought I'd make up for it by going on holiday (with her sister) - and you can stay behind and look after the dog.

Beads of nervous sweat glistened on my forehead. When? I tentatively asked. Oh, about the beginning of July, she says. Phew! At least it's not before the end of the season I inwardly celebrate.

You DON'T mind, do you? She asks with a look of malevolent satisfaction, knowing full well that she's got me by the proverbial short and curlies.

No, not at all, you enjoy yourself. I responded, thinking warm summer evenings, dog walking to the nearest pub, excuse for one, two, maybe a couple more pints. And, hopefully, another season in the Premier League to plan the next batch of away trips. Life can be sweet! :drink:

good for her .... hope she takes your credit card :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here