Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Changes for changes sake.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Where I work, I am situated in an office apart from all the other Project Managers and close to the manufacturing area that I have to visit often, as it comes under my wing.
I've got a free run of things and can use the internet freely to access this site amongst others for work, which is a distinct advantage, hehe.
It has been decided that I must now move up to the main office part, where I will have to share a room with 3 others.
I will have nowhere to spread out, I have to read lots of plans and drawings so I need this and it will no longer be available to me, I have bookcases with samples and files which will have to stay put, as there will be no room for them, so I will have to make many trips back here to look at them.
I like to have Classic FM playing quietly in the background, that will not change, keeps me sane.
I will be surrounded by others and have to make small talk, which I hate and will have to listen to trivial bullcrap.
It is bound to affect my performance, as I am happy with the way things are.
There is no outside window where I am going and the place gets stinking hot in the summer.
Changes for changes sake and not going to be happy.
I know I just got to live with it, but will be thinking about moving on a s a result.
Am I just being precious ?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Where I work, I am situated in an office apart from all the other Project Managers and close to the manufacturing area that I have to visit often, as it comes under my wing.
I've got a free run of things and can use the internet freely to access this site amongst others for work, which is a distinct advantage, hehe.
It has been decided that I must now move up to the main office part, where I will have to share a room with 3 others.
I will have nowhere to spread out, I have to read lots of plans and drawings so I need this and it will no longer be available to me, I have bookcases with samples and files which will have to stay put, as there will be no room for them, so I will have to make many trips back here to look at them.
I like to have Classic FM playing quietly in the background, that will not change, keeps me sane.
I will be surrounded by others and have to make small talk, which I hate and will have to listen to trivial bullcrap.
There is no outside window where I am going and the place gets stinking hot in the summer.
I know I just got to live with it, but will be thinking about moving on a s a result.

Maybe a bit, but why are they making you move? If your files and work stuff cannot move with you why can’t you stay put?
Have you expressed your dissatisfaction for this change?

I'm a contract PM looking for next role - where do I sign ....
Australia.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Maybe a bit, but why are they making you move? If your files and work stuff cannot move with you why can’t you stay put?
Have you expressed your dissatisfaction for this change?

Australia.

I have, but the owner of the business is rather like a petulant child and won't be told anything and when he wants something he wants it now, 'stamps feet'.
It will be an inconvenience, but will have to be done for said reason.
Maybe he wants everyone within shouting distance !
Thinking about going back to being self employed on the tools, won't have to deal with twats like him then.
Before I took this on, I was self employed for 28 years, I would have told him to **** off then, still tempted to now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have, but the owner of the business is rather like a petulant child and won't be told anything and when he wants something he wants it now, 'stamps feet'.
It will be an inconvenience, but will have to be done for said reason.
Maybe he wants everyone within shouting distance !
Thinking about going back to being self employed on the tools, won't have to deal with twats like him then.
Before I took this on, I was self employed for 28 years, I would have told him to **** off then, still tempted to now.

Go to HR, say you have not been consulted and therefore been constructively dismissed, get a wodge of compensation and take it and go back on the tools.

Simples

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Go to HR, say you have not been consulted and therefore been constructively dismissed, get a wodge of compensation and take it and go back on the tools.

Simples

Just might work over here that, if HR wasn't a clueless bint that always has a fag hanging out the corner of her mouth.
Her response to everything is, 'Huh !'

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Hmmm, maybe your employers have got wind of the fact that you spend all day listening to the radio and browsing the net... :lolol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Annoy the f..k out of your new workmates so they complain and ask for you to be sent back.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Obviously can’t be trusted to work on his own. The others will soon bring you to your knees in compliance with corporate dictates.
Leave before you get fired.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Well the boss is going to know your views now you've shared them on the internet so it could be time for a move back onto the tools anyway!!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Well the boss is going to know your views now you've shared them on the internet so it could be time for a move back onto the tools anyway!!!

I very much doubt that he would read this, German, not a football fan, in Australia, and I have already made my views clear.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Obviously can’t be trusted to work on his own. The others will soon bring you to your knees in compliance with corporate dictates.
Leave before you get fired.

I brought in more work last year than anyone else, so, If this move proves detrimental then in a way I would have made my point.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

And those spiders

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here