Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Run Football Clubs

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I would say Brighton has to be up there. We have a great and remarkably hard-working manager, an amazingly successful recruitment policy and positivity throughout the squads. We rightly promote the youth teams and ladies.

Ticket pricing is realistic. AITC is astonishingly successful and means we are respected by the council. The club then attracts people spending money for the weekend.

The thoughtfulness of our club makes me deeply proud.

Are other clubs doing their very best? I think we are.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I would say Brighton has to be up there. We have a great and remarkably hard-working manager, an amazingly successful recruitment policy and positivity throughout the squads. We rightly promote the youth teams and ladies.

Ticket pricing is realistic. AITC is astonishingly successful and means we are respected by the council. The club then attracts people spending money for the weekend.

Well said.
Lovely post....

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Talksport2 was surprisingly decent today. Those presenting our coverage were really knowledgeable and gave the club loads of praise pre, during and post match! Was good to listen to. Its a cliche now but bloody hell we've come so far

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Mr Barber is back :bigwave:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Burton appear to be an extremely well club; they may not survive this season but to have survived last year was a feat in itself. Level on points with Sunderland. Says it all about Sunderland too.

Accrington are third in Div 2 on crowds of less than 2000.

Hats off to both of them. Obviously doing something(s) right.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think you have to define 'well-run'. How would we be doing without large injections of cash from TB? How many of our academy products have made the first team? Obviously I'm as ecstatic at our current situation as anyone but on these two criteria I think we lag behind a few others.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you have to define 'well-run'. How would we be doing without large injections of cash from TB? How many of our academy products have made the first team? Obviously I'm as ecstatic at our current situation as anyone but on these two criteria I think we lag behind a few others.

How long has the Lancing academy been going? Clubs like Southampton and Palace have had their's in place for decades, with the virtuous circle of most of southern England to select from.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

I think well run means a coupla things to me
Run it as a business without selling your soul to the devil. We are lucky there

That doubles up to an extent with remaining or becoming community based sustainably. I was only around in the Withdean days, the battle years if you address as such where sir Dick Knight saved us really (and fans, some very clever people). I digress. Box ticked on that one, AITC is amazing

A good academy. Our facilities are incredible (in fact I only saw pictures of Lancing in the last year) I'm by far no where near as knowledgable as many posters on here and clearly not as much as the club. From listening to TB though he sees that as potentially somewhere to claw some money if we can ship players out. That may have changed now, it'd be a lovely place to go to work/train as your job and not many can match that

An experienced CEO. Not all clubs have one and PB is possibly even probably the best in the game. Not many people are irreplaceable in their jobs, Barber is worth his salt hey

Sustainabilty

I would say we are probably the most well run club in the country, what with transport managers etc etc and enviable. If I was another fan of most teams I would be very envious

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here