Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Train vs Level crossing Arun valley lines closed

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Disruption Pulborough way , train and level crossing incident lines blocked , disruption to at least 15:00. I know some where going that way to match to avoid buses along coast

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
How on earth can a car be hit by a train at a crossing these days? Some of the pictures show what looks likes only one barrier on each side of the tracks. If the car had broken down why the hell didn't they get out of the car? The cameras will have the answers...

Shockingly bad news.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
How on earth can a car be hit by a train at a crossing these days? Some of the pictures show what looks likes only one barrier on each side of the tracks. If the car had broken down why the hell didn't they get out of the car? The cameras will have the answers...

Shockingly bad news.

The only way you can die on the half barrier.crossings is bad driving or bad luck, so so sad whichever it was.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Terrible news. Can't imagine how you start to deal with something like that happening.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It’s when you see the faces of people who attend these incidents you know how it feels.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
It really underlines how important it is to adhere to the warning signals, dropped barriers, and not attempt to drive through via the un-barriered oncoming lane. It really doesn't matter if you end up a few minutes behind schedule.

The awful thing is, had they decided to take a slightly different (longer?) route they could have crossed the line via an overbridge just a few hundred yards further along the track.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Shockingly bad news.

This crossing only has two, one for each lane, this encourages people go round them when they are down apparently!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It really underlines how important it is to adhere to the warning signals, dropped barriers, and not attempt to drive through via the un-barriered oncoming lane. It really doesn't matter if you end up a few minutes behind schedule.

The awful thing is, had they decided to take a slightly different (longer?) route they could have crossed the line via an overbridge just a few hundred yards further along the track.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here