Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Premier League's most wasteful striker

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That can’t be right, he’s “The” Benteke.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I like the way it's even been pointed out, in the 'Sun newspaper style' for the thickie type Palarse fans!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I remember the day he signed for palace , there's a photo of him shortly after holding the shirt up gig , it just screamed WTF have i done , :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I remember the day he signed for palace , there's a photo of him shortly after holding the shirt up gig , it just screamed WTF have i done , :lolol:

That's because he was only supposed to be holding up a scarf but he missed it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It begs the question how Palace have engineered their revival under Hodgson with their lead striker continuing to fire blanks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely someone could find lots of quotes from Palace fans at the season outset, referring to how much better Benteke (2 goals) is than Murray (10 goals)?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely someone could find lots of quotes from Palace fans at the season outset, referring to how much better Benteke (2 goals) is than Murray (10 goals)?

On their forums they are surprisingly fair about Murray, understandably loving the player for what he did for them. Instead they slag off Parish was selling him when he was still a class act.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Cue Benteke going on a scoring run .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Cue Benteke going on a scoring run .

I was chatting to my work (Palace supporting) colleague this morning, wishing you still had Murray, and that he's only a Championship type player.
I replied he may well have scored more goals in the Champs, but that's down to his bullying defenders, PL is a different level, and you have Benteke!
He replied, Benteke is a pussy.
Nothing more to say really!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

We all love Glenn and always will, but last season I'd have said that there's simply no comparison between the two players. Benteke has struggled massively with his finishing and with injury this season, but assuming he wakes up from his current hibernation, he is a considerably better striker than Murray. Benteke scored 15 Premier League goals in a struggling side last season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We all love Glenn and always will, but there's simply no comparison between the two players. Benteke, though he has struggled massively with his finishing and with injury this season, is a considerably better striker than Murray. Benteke scored 15 Premier League goals in a struggling side last season.

:lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We all love Glenn and always will, but last season I'd have said that there's simply no comparison between the two players. Benteke has struggled massively with his finishing and with injury this season, but assuming he wakes up from his current hibernation, he is a considerably better striker than Murray. Benteke scored 15 Premier League goals in a struggling side last season.

He didn’t score again today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here