Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Albion have any super fans?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Came across a book recently written by a Leeds Superfan that hadn't missed a single game since 1968, guy called Gary Edwards

Just wondered if Albion has any such fans that have achieved very long runs of attendance for competitive matches, home and away, league and cup. Anyone that made it all the way through the war years?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There was somebody introduced to the crowd at half time (or maybe before the game started) last season who had not missed a game for something like 50 years

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
There’s a chap I met at Southend checkatrade wotsit U23 game , I guess he was in his 60s chatting to him he said he had missed 2 games Home and away since 1975 and countless reserve matches as he called them , I just politely nodded and said that’s amazing thinking yeah ok mate , and sat down , to my suprise Mr Bloom boarded and sat adjacent to myself and this chap and it was obvious Mr Bloom knew the chap and started chatting about all things Brighton , the subject arose again and it seems this chap has indeed acquired superfan status , I really should of caught his name but according to other fans on the train he’s simply known as the plastic bag man ! , I doth my cap to that sort of loyalty .

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
There’s a chap I met at Southend checkatrade wotsit U23 game , I guess he was in his 60s chatting to him he said he had missed 2 games Home and away since 1975 and countless reserve matches as he called them , I just politely nodded and said that’s amazing thinking yeah ok mate , and sat down , to my suprise Mr Bloom boarded and sat adjacent to myself and this chap and it was obvious Mr Bloom knew the chap and started chatting about all things Brighton , the subject arose again and it seems this chap has indeed acquired superfan status , I really should of caught his name but according to other fans on the train he’s simply known as the plastic bag man ! , I doth my cap to that sort of loyalty .

Have seen many references to plastic bag man on here before. 'Tis no myth.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Tesco bag man.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Incredible if true

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
This thread has made me feel much better about my life. Imagine being Gary Edwards and having to watch Leeds that much :|

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Have seen many references to plastic bag man on here before. 'Tis no myth.

'Two bags'

I think he has a soft spot for Southend United too. Met him a few times, very likable fella. I think he goes to the cricket too.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

The Doc?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Incredible if true

Definitely true. Virtually every away game I've ever been to (quite a lot), he is always there and it can't be coincidence. I saw him at the AFC Wimbledon U23 game last season. He always has a plastic bag and a vintage faded blue and white striped scarf. He is not the same guy as Graham Talbot, so we have more than one superfan.

You can also count Liz Costa in this category as there aren't many games that she has missed.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
He stopped watching while Brighton were on a high, top of League One following a home draw with Tranmere. I think all those years of travelling played with his mind.

carrier bag man ... I saw him in Sainsburys 2 days ago

and he was at the friendly in Aberdeen, July 2015

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here