Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Can English teams doing well in the Champions League help us stay up?

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
We play Spurs 21st April.

Champs League Semi's 24-25th April.

Champs League Semi's 2nd legs 1-2nd May

We play ManU 5th May

We play Liverpool 13th May.

Champ League Final 26 May.

We really want these teams to progress - and Man City too (if they win their 5th round tie, our game at theirs will be midweek near a Champs League game).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Definitely yes. It would be bizarre if Spurs or Man Utd rested players for the Champions League semi-final in order they could field a stronger team against us to enable them to have a better chance of qualifying for next year's Champions League.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It wouldn't hurt. The quicker the league gets settled and the more importance the champions league gains the better in my view.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We play Spurs 21st April.

Champs League Semi's 24-25th April.

Champs League Semi's 2nd legs 1-2nd May

We play ManU 5th May

We play Liverpool 13th May.

Champ League Final 26 May.

We really want these teams to progress - and Man City too (if they win their 5th round tie, our game at theirs will be midweek near a Champs League game).

Have you been reading my posts :wink:

For me I want Chelsea knocked out and Liverpool, Spurs and the two Manchester clubs in the semi finals (if that's possible). Then Chelsea will be better placed to beat our rivals and we might face a weaken team when we play the other four. Liverpool v Man Utd final would be superb as they are the last two teams we face this season.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Well technically, yes, that is exactly what we would want.

Of course, for it to be an advantage would still be dependent on us being able to muster a shot on target against them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here