Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I planted the idea pickles did the grand job of getting it off the ground, but love being part of it. It runs itself quite organically now with a few months of trial and keen members. Meeting fans of other clubs has got to be a highlight. I think snuggles aka battleman was even talking about a holiday swap with a Dutch player and some unsuspecting Liverpool fan ended up at one of Attila s gigs. Some great matches we have had and will continue with. I am looking forward most to being in the champions league where we stand a chance of doing very well!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
What’s the champions league? I seem to have missed something here.

Pickles originally expressed our interest, we have found a few of our club challenged from teams in it. It's been running annually for 4 or 5 seasons and seems to have become very much a world football clubs league with 2 or ,3 divisions. I stand to be corrected. In theory the 2018 leage should have started in June but a couple of long running games, and a heck of a lot of work running it has delayed things. I got a pm yesterday off the organiser regarding some help possibly. Coincidentally I am playing their other mod in our Manchester united match. He has made the grand total of 4 moves so far.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Trying to join latest tournament but says need to complete 10 daily chess games to join up, I have played more than this.....any ideas?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Whilst the match as a whole looks lost, feeling good about a win here against the team for whom I have an innate strongest of dislikes. If I never win a match again, will be delighted to beat an opponent from Old Trafford.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
What a great way to end the year with today's win against Everton. Happy New Year to all on NSC from all the members of the Brighton and Hove Albion NSC Chess Club.

Interested in joining? Get in touch.

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Morning Steve:bigwave: I'd better quickly correct that before [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] wakes up :tantrum: :clap::albion2::thumbsup::birthday::flounce::cheery::birthday::rave::angel::kiss:

Apologies, It completely skipped my mind that it was [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] that set the club up, but it was your idea originally wasn't it [MENTION=1557]maffew[/MENTION]?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Happy 1st birthday....It is one year ago today that [MENTION=1557]maffew[/MENTION] set up the NSC chess club.

Happy a birthday everyone.

I get as big a thrill when winning for us, than when Albion win. Also as pi**ed off when I lose as when Albion lose. [emoji2]
Up The Albion and NSC Chess Club

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
A small sample of our results and achievements in year1 before I head to work

Capture.PNG

Pickles

May 5, 2014
birthday chess.jpg

Happy birthday!

It's been a great first year, as we're now in the Global football league, and also the World football league.

We're currently playing teams such as Steaua Bucharest, Athletico Madrid, Neptchi FC, Chelsea, amongst others.

It would be nice to see some of the old faces that joined come back for a piece of the birthday cake!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wish I could be celebrating by recording some stonking victories but unfortunately I made big cock-ups in two games I played yesterday (although only one was in an NSC game).

But thanks Pickles for getting it under way

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Well done to everyone involved in organising it. I've enjoyed it very much and it has rejuvenated my love for the game - 30 years after I stopped playing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here