Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I didn't think pawn was allowed on NSC.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The last world champion was the computer/machine who beat Kasparov if I remember correctly.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Its more aimed at the rookies and those of us that cant sleep at knight

I'm sure it'll be a success. I merely made my quip en passant.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm sure we can figure out how to have a game on line. Chess.com seems to be able to accommodate players who want to play each other.

Chess.com is alright, still trying to figure out the best one to host a mini tournament in, if not we;ll do one on ones and battle it out. Currently using GameKnot which is frustrating but I need to find a better one whilst I beat this yank who takes forever to make moves

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Chess.com is alright, still trying to figure out the best one to host a mini tournament in, if not we;ll do one on ones and battle it out. Currently using GameKnot which is frustrating but I need to find a better one whilst I beat this yank who takes forever to make moves

Get a few NSC members interested and we'll have a competition

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Nah its Magnus Carlson, I think he got international masters at 14 or something crazy then his grandmaster at 18 or so, he is probably the best play ever

Its not something they publicise anymore. I remember years ago they would analyse each game on BBC2 of the world championship of chess between the Russian guy and the English guy who always made the fatal error.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Alas lve never even heard of Magnus Carlson, tho l have beaten a guy in Orlando when l lived there who had beaten a grand master! (Or so he said!). He was a Russian and did own a shop dedicated to solely chess, so l really want to believe him!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here