Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your the Ref

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I would also be interested in how often the big stars of the top 6 teams get suspensions for too many bookings. I wager not any - it is all about protecting the product for Sky TV. Super star player suspended reduces the attractiveness to the arm chair viewer.

The game against Liverpool was a case in point . Bruno correctly received a yellow card for a professional foul in the second half then only a few minutes later Coutinho committed an identical offence - free kick awarded but no yellow......
This was the moment for me this season when I finally realised what a con the PL is. Then we had the Chelsea debacle ......
Still loving this season but there is definitely something dodgy - I use to think/hope this was all a bit conspiracy theory but really do now believe there is a systemic cover up going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BroadwayGull

Jan 31, 2014
Worthing
Interesting statistics. According to this website we should have been awarded 4 more penalties at home this season, which if scored would have resulted in an extra 4 points.

Home v Stoke (Brighton should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Glenn Murray by Ryan Shawcross)
Home v Burnley (Brighton should have been awarded a penalty for the elbow on Glenn Murray by James Tarkowski) - Should also have been a red card.
Home v Chelsea (Brighton should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Ezequiel Schelotto by Willy Caballero)
Home v Chelsea (Brighton should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Ezequiel Schelotto by Tiemoue Bakayoko)

What ever happened to the home advantage?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Very interesting. So, the only decisions that have gone for us and affected our points total were at Stoke last Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here