Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Do you or your neighbours feed foxes?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My neighbour does. Sadly it's his chickens that keep the foxes in the field behind us more than plenished. Once a month there's a din from the garden and we know he's lost them again.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
My neighbour does. Sadly it's his chickens that keep the foxes in the field behind us more than plenished. Once a month there's a din from the garden and we know he's lost them again.

Same here
Much worse worse the vervet monkeys in SA. We had a crazy old biddy upstairs that used to put our fresh fruit platters and bread for them daily. Had 20-30 of the ****ers in my garden and they bit the kids (reported her but nothing we could do)

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed
Foxes aren't cuddly bunnies, they are killers.
In a way, I quite admire them for being non-PC.
But keep them away from your children and chickens !

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How comes they've taken a photo of the fox in their house, as well as photos of the babies injuries? Doesn't make sense to me. Was the fox in the house photo from a previous visit I wonder?

Foxes are just wild dogs and I'm not generally in favour of putting out food for them. However, I did once feed one by hand up our allotment. I was sitting in the shed and he came round to watch me eat biscuits. I offered him one, which he took quite gently out of my hand, buried it on next doors over grown plot to save for later and then came back for another one :lol:

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Woman up the road from us did. Attracted a fox. And more rats than the Pied Piper. Neighbours got peeved and suggested she stop or they would set the dogs on her.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Its funny how people seem to hate foxes and give them all sorts of attributes which are actually more common in the human species. As regards killing chickens there were 975 million (ish) killed in UK alone makes the numbers taken by foxes pretty paltry. time to give them a break and give wild life the respect it deserves.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Woman up the road from us did. Attracted a fox. And more rats than the Pied Piper. Neighbours got peeved and suggested she stop or they would set the dogs on her.

Hope she reported them to the police for intimidation and that you supported her.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Its funny how people seem to hate foxes and give them all sorts of attributes which are actually more common in the human species. As regards killing chickens there were 975 million (ish) killed in UK alone makes the numbers taken by foxes pretty poultry. time to give them a break and give wild life the respect it deserves.

Fixed

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Its funny how people seem to hate foxes and give them all sorts of attributes which are actually more common in the human species. As regards killing chickens there were 975 million (ish) killed in UK alone makes the numbers taken by foxes pretty poultry. time to give them a break and give wild life the respect it deserves.

Corrected for you.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
One of my daughters lives in a cottage or a farm just outside Shrewsbury. She has a small / medium sized garden where she keeps 2 ducks as pets - Jemima and Florence.
When she got home on Sunday afternoon at about 4pm one was dead and the other wandering about in a dazed state with several chunks bitten out of her.
We know this was a FOX because no attempt was made to eat either duck - they were killed for fun.
Apparently there are only 3 creatures on the planet that kill for fun [not just to eat] - Cats, Humans and Foxes.
I understand why farmers supported the hunt to keep fox numbers down

Anyway, Jemima survived and is now recovering with her new step sister Pippa

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its funny how people seem to hate foxes and give them all sorts of attributes which are actually more common in the human species. As regards killing chickens there were 975 million (ish) killed in UK alone makes the numbers taken by foxes pretty paltry. time to give them a break and give wild life the respect it deserves.
I think people would be more forgiving if they killed and ate one chicken, as opposed to killing all of them and leaving bodies everywhere. And they'll kill any little pet they can get their paws on too.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I have a lovely but nutty old neighbour in one of our flats who feeds the foxes, seagulls & pigeons & any other animal on an almost industrial scale.

I'm not overjoyed about it but another neighbour is at permanent war with her over the amount of crap he has to clear from his garden & the damage the foxes do.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think people would be more forgiving if they killed and ate one chicken, as opposed to killing all of them and leaving bodies everywhere. And they'll kill any little pet they can get their paws on too.

They are wild animals programmed to build up food stocks to cover times of shortage so they kill when they can and then usually stockpile it i.e. take it away and bury what they have caught.

They have killed pets but again very small numbers usually weak animals. Most foxes won't go near a cat because they know they will get severely damaged and that certainly the evidence of watching them near me. Again put this in perspective 230,000 cats knocked down and killed by drivers who in many cases don't stop to help.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I knew someone who fed foxes & badgers every night in Woodingdean. He would go out onto the field at midnight every night & the creatures would come to meet him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here