Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 591
  1. #291

    4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Growing up without a mother or without a father is difficult and painful for a child. That is not offensive, and I'm not judging single parents or children raised by them when I say that.
    No it isn't. It was absolutely fine.

    I actually get the feeling you are not trying to be offensive, but you are.

    You have an opinion, but that is all it is, an opinion, not a statement of fact.

    People are not the same, we are not homogenous beings. One persons experience of a situation can differ from another. My experience was a positive one but I would not automatically assume just because it was ok for me it was not for someone else.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #292
      Members father_and_son's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Under the Police Box
      Posts
      4,032


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Growing up without a mother or without a father is difficult and painful for a child. That is not offensive, and I'm not judging single parents or children raised by them when I say that.
      Growing up with a narcissistic mother and a cold, emotion-less father is difficult and painful for a child. Give me the choice of my heterosexual but largely dis-functional parents or two gay men (or indeed, two lesbian women) who have fought past your and other people's prejudices to make a very public demonstration of how "wanted" and loved I would be as their son and I would swap my childhood in a heartbeat! In a f*cking heartbeat.
    • #293
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Sheffield
      Posts
      12,029


      6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why isn't he entitled to give his opinion ?
      regards
      DR
      You can't even read and yet you respond. It's really quite sad. Like a beached whale desperately thrashing about on a beach, except there's no one willing to push you back into the sea. Because the whale is a ****.
      "I never mentioned horses!"
    • #294
      Members Hamilton's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      8,620


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't feel threatened by a homosexual couple, and I do understand how it must feel, I sympathize deeply with the desire to have children with the person you love, it's natural and I think almost all of us have that desire.

      The problem is that because I don't agree that children should be raised by same sex couples, it is assumed that I am threatened by them, or don't understand how they feel, and I must have some kind of prejudice against them (and these assumptions are usually expressed in insults).

      The way I see it a child needs a mother and a father. This is not to say that a child of a same sex couple won't be loved, or provided for etc, it's just to say that the two roles provided by a male and a female are necessary for the healthy development of a child, a single parent household (absent father or mother) presents problems for a child and I believe the same of same sex parenting.

      Others may not agree with me, but, without any kind of malice towards any same sex partners, I believe it's in the best interests of the child to have a mother and a father.

      I also believe that for all the joy and happiness that having a child can bring to a same sex couple, the interests of the child are primary. The reality is that no child being raised by a same sex couple couldn't have been raised in a family with a mother and father, and because that is, in my view, what is in the best interests of the child, I think that should be the priority.

      I see this move towards providing children for same sex couples as being more in service of the needs of the couple than the needs of the child, and that bothers me.

      Please don't call me homophobic, because I am not.
      Ok. How do you feel about same sex partners adopting - putting aside all the issues associated with adoption.

      After all, there are many children out there that do not have parents or are in abusive family environments that need stable parents.

      If that were acceptable, then would you consider your feelings towards this issue as moveable?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Either that wallpaper goes or I do
    • #295
      I've asked for soup Mellotron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      27,020


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by amexer View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This is getting stupid. That really is rubbish. Not equivalent to that at all
      But it is, to many people. You may not like that fact, but it is. They would say gay people have exactly as much right to raise children as you do, therefore any comparison (black, disabled, jewish) is basically the same.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
    • #296
      Numpty Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      50,741


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by father_and_son View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Growing up with a narcissistic mother and a cold, emotion-less father is difficult and painful for a child. Give me the choice of my heterosexual but largely dis-functional parents or two gay men (or indeed, two lesbian women) who have fought past your and other people's prejudices to make a very public demonstration of how "wanted" and loved I would be as their son and I would swap my childhood in a heartbeat! In a f*cking heartbeat.
      I'm not going into details here, but so would I. I had a very very unhappy childhood.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi
    • #297

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You can't even read and yet you respond. It's really quite sad. Like a beached whale desperately thrashing about on a beach, except there's no one willing to push you back into the sea. Because the whale is a ****.
      You sound like you're getting your self at it on this thread ,getting all aggressive and shouty have you got a mother and father
      regards
      DR
    • #298
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      12,709


      1 Not allowed!
      Would any of those against homosexuals having children object if they only had one son, who was gay and wanted to raise your grandchild with another man or would you rather deny yourselves the years of joy of a grandchild because you don't believe they should exist?
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.
    • #299
      Members father_and_son's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Under the Police Box
      Posts
      4,032


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why isn't he entitled to give his opinion ?
      regards
      DR
      Everyone is entitled to give their opinion. I, for one, would never want to silence someone who I disagree with. We shouldn't censor people with objectional or incorrect or just different viewpoints.

      But... if you do give your opinion and it's an offensive, unpopular or a factually incorrect opinion then everyone else is entitled to call you out on it.
    • #300
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      12,709


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You sound like you're getting your self at it on this thread ,getting all aggressive and shouty have you got a mother and father
      regards
      DR
      Watch yourself.
      Spoof account or not, don't cross a line here mate.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •