Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teegulls

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You've hit the nail on the head there, Wozza. Let's just say I've had my knuckles wrapped - and as many have you have pointed out it wasn't exactly unwarranted.

Thanks for your kind comments about the designs. It was fun coming up with them.

Teegulls is no more, but something a lot less 'legally compromising' will be coming soon. Don't worry... I've learnt my lesson.

Watch this (and all the usual) spaces!

Cheers,

Craig

Brilliant, I didn't know about you before but will keep an eye out. I would love some subtle Albion related clobber to confuse the locals out here in Oz

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For Christmas I got jnr the Brighton version of this:-

Not too 'harmful' unless your Subbuteo or BHAFC :lol: :facepalm:
As TheBoyDoneGood.com just just mailed me, I thought I'd update this post

brighton-and-hove-albion-table-football-tshirt_171_lightoxfordtshirt_small.jpg

Ought to get this for Gross:-

the-cruyff-turn-tshirt_thumb.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This was utter genius.

View attachment 94185

Seriously, the club should be speaking to the creative talent behind their shirts and getting him on board.

Maybe the best thing the club could do would be to have "guest designers" and make limited edition t-shirts and share the proceeds with the designers. That way they protect their brand but also support local businesses and produce stuff people might actually want to wear in public. Would also make shutting down those taking liberties with the copyright more palatable. Plenty of cases of rebels being absorbed into the family (Attila, Harty etc)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No one to blame here but the club. Just another corporate behemoth using its financial clout to bully the small concern trying to make an honest buck and supply the consumers with the merchandise they want to buy.

I could understand and would fully support the club's stance if the Teegull range (and others) were a direct rip-off of merchandise being sold by the club. But that isn't what is happening at all.

Meanwhile the illegal street-trading of those shoddy half and half scarves continues unabated.

Nonesense.

But agree about the tat being sold around the ground. Seems way more obvious (I'd also ban any season ticket holder seen buying that shtuff)

el punal

That's a shame. I bought a couple of their t shirts. Albion Roar name checked them a couple of times recently.

So what is the legal position for a company like Teegulls?

I'd have thought they were not infringing copyright - but guessing there must be some aspect of the law that now prohibits anyone from selling items that references the club name or the players names etc.

On that basis perhaps some imaginative soul could come up with some piss take T-shirt designs relating to stuff banned from the Amex - something with slogans like Bottle Top Bollocks or Flask Nazi . . . you get the drift. :drink:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You've hit the nail on the head there, Wozza. Let's just say I've had my knuckles wrapped - and as many have you have pointed out it wasn't exactly unwarranted.

Thanks for your kind comments about the designs. It was fun coming up with them.

Teegulls is no more, but something a lot less 'legally compromising' will be coming soon. Don't worry... I've learnt my lesson.

Cheers,

Craig
Any chance of a bottle cap t-shirt design?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Maybe the best thing the club could do would be to have "guest designers" and make limited edition t-shirts and share the proceeds with the designers. That way they protect their brand but also support local businesses and produce stuff people might actually want to wear in public. Would also make shutting down those taking liberties with the copyright more palatable. Plenty of cases of rebels being absorbed into the family (Attila, Harty etc)

I had a conversation with the club a few weeks ago on this very subject, and it's something they were more than willing to entertain.

My circumstances have since changed and I now don't have time, but I'm astonished no-one else has approached the club (they hadn't at the time I spoke with them) with this kind of project.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Cheers,

Craig

Any chance you could design a few Tees for the club. Theirs are awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here