Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Half Time Standby Tickets

The weather is crap outside so what better time that to air a crazy (maybe not so) idea.....

If it worked, it would mean more bums on seats at the Amex (2nd half anyway) and some extra revenue and more people getting to see the game.

As Dicks is closed just before the game I propose the club sell half time standby tickets at 50% off the prevailing rate.

5 minutes before kick off, those with standby tickets are granted access to Dicks where the game will be on the tellys (I think this is allowed as they are at the stadium so can’t see it any different to it being on the big screen (which other clubs do) or on the concourse tellys)

At about the 30 minute mark, our state of the art security system scans the stadium for empty seats. They need to be empty for at least 10 minutes to ping.

At the 45 minute mark all avaiable seats generate a scanable barcode on a printout and are given to those in Dicks who will then proceed to the correct stand in time to watch the second half.

Standby tickets would be limited to the capacity of Dicks (300 ?) and in the event of there not being enough standby seats to cover those on standy, they will be allowed to remain in Dicks for the 2nd half. Available seats would be issued on a first come, first served basis.

Standby tickets would go one sale only on the morning of the match, subject to a sellout

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kinel it's taken some brain surgeon at the club a month to work out people are still interested in the FA Cup , this would involve a massive NASA think tank to organise , i can imagine PB reading this during his daily snoop .

giphy.gif

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Cool idea, bro. I'd like to suggest Easyjet-style flexible ticket pricing for Albion games.

I haven't thought through whether prices would go up or down, or who exactly would benefit, but I like the idea of chaos and the 100+ pages on NSC for each match.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Cool idea, bro. I'd like to suggest Easyjet-style flexible ticket pricing for Albion games.

Some sort of priority boarding pass to enter the Amex first. Everyone else has to wait until 15 minutes before kick off before they can get into the concourses.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
'They need to be empty for at least 10 minutes to ping.'

What if said person has a terrible bout of the squits, and is unable to get back to their seat in time?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Some sort of priority boarding pass to enter the Amex first. Everyone else has to wait until 15 minutes before kick off before they can get into the concourses.

Or to GET OUT first....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Actually, I would LITERALLY pay for priority park 'n' ride bus from the stadium.

Yes, I've just written that.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Or to GET OUT first....

Yes, exactly.

No one is allowed to leave before the final whistle. There is then a 15 minute 'speedy departure' that saddos pay a premium for, which guarantees them front of queue for car parks, trains etc. Bar codes on your ticket or ST card that activate the exit gates to dirty looks from the gathering masses. Easy Exit.

For an additional premium, Comfy Exit sees you collected from your seat by sedan chair and carried to your ongoing transportation*

I can see the ££ signs in PB's eyes already.

*includes a beverage and snack of choice en route

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

I haven't thought through whether prices would go up or down, or who exactly would benefit, but I like the idea of chaos and the 100+ pages on NSC for each match.

Everyone allocated random seats for each match. You either take what you're given, or pay £8 per person each to get your seat moved so you can sit together.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Damn, just realised I'd also pay top have the guy behind me (v Chelsea: 90min commentary with a non-Albion fan) to move somewhere else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here