Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Help Needed For An Unusual Request

el punal

Good people! My grandson will be celebrating his tenth birthday in the summer and one of the presents that he would love is an autographed No.19 shirt signed, obviously, by the great man himself Jose Izquierdo. Now I understand there is a wonderful and worthy auction in place at present for Jose's shirt from the West Ham game - unfortunately I am not in a position to match those noble bids.

I am more than willing to purchase a shirt and have 19 and Jose's name printed on the back. I am also willing to contribute a sum to charity to have it autographed. I have contacted the club shop to ask if this suggestion is feasible. The advice given was basically to way lay Jose in the car park and blag his autograph there - something I'm not altogether happy with.

So, any practical suggestions from you concerning this request would be gratefully welcome. Many cheers and thanks. :thumbsup:

Good people! My grandson will be celebrating his tenth birthday in the summer and one of the presents that he would love is an autographed No.19 shirt signed, obviously, by the great man himself Jose Izquierdo. Now I understand there is a wonderful and worthy auction in place at present for Jose's shirt from the West Ham game - unfortunately I am not in a position to match those noble bids.

I am more than willing to purchase a shirt and have 19 and Jose's name printed on the back. I am also willing to contribute a sum to charity to have it autographed. I have contacted the club shop to ask if this suggestion is feasible. The advice given was basically to way lay Jose in the car park and blag his autograph there - something I'm not altogether happy with.

So, any practical suggestions from you concerning this request would be gratefully welcome. Many cheers and thanks. :thumbsup:

The car park request isn’t a bad idea. Maybe after a thumping win when he’s got a hatrick.

If you do away games the coach always arrives 1h 30 before kick off and the players often sign bits and pose for photos (less so since PL though)

Good luck

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unsurprisingly when the jnr's have bumped into players around the AMEX they have been more than happy to pose, sign and generally be all round lovely chaps.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
There are many fans that wait for the players to come out after a game and the players are very happy to do photographs and autographs, all done as the players go to their cars. Go for it and maybe take your grandson to get up close to his heros. :thumbsup:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Met the players many times last season as they walk from the east stand exit down to their car park. Barriers are put up and some players do the headphones thing and ignore the fans but others have all the time it takes to sign items.
Have a pen ready and also have the shirt on your son so they know it is genuine rather than some bloke after an ebay profit.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Buy him the shirt and take him to the car park after the match to meet José and the other players. Might not be glamorous but would be far more exciting getting to meet the players and have them sign the shirt than just having the signature.

Lovely idea regardless and I'm sure he'll appreciate it either way!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't know if Jose has a twitter account, but you could try contacting him directly there if he has, or another player and ask them to ask him, or email Mr. Barber, he may have a better suggestion for you as to how to go about it. Depending on when in the summer you need the shirt by, there could be planned signing days at the club shop where a few players are there to do autographs, or an open training session, the Junior seagulls sometimes have meet the players get togethers I think? Mr. Barber will have more knowledge of these than the club shop.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Have a pen ready and also have the shirt on your son so they know it is genuine rather than some bloke after an ebay profit.

This - except... rather than putting the shirt on your son, put it on a buxom lady known to you and ask the player to sign it "on the chest". Bound to work.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
These are all better suggestions than the increasingly tedious "XXX can i have your shirt please" signs that seem to be cropping up at every stadium now.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Looks a pretty easy 'trace', who's to know? :whistle:

JI2.jpg JI1.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Break into his house at night, get into his bedroom, and hold a gun to his head. Oh, and a shirt. And a pen. And a torch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
These are all better suggestions than the increasingly tedious "XXX can i have your shirt please" signs that seem to be cropping up at every stadium now.
Like the electronic 'sub' boards we have thanks to the Americans, we could have an electronic "____ can i have your shirt please" sign, and change it depending on who's closest.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Buy the shirt and get it printed. Get yourself down to that there Latino America Grill, every lunchtime and evening, for a nice steak and glass of Malbec, and wait for Jose (and Leo and Bruno) to waltz in, as they inevitably will.

It might take a few days waiting it out, before you strike lucky, but the steaks do look great...

(It would be cheaper to just bid £800 for the auction one, mind)

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Break into his house at night, get into his bedroom, and hold a gun to his head. Oh, and a shirt. And a pen. And a torch.

its a floored plan, you also need something to lean against as writing on a shirt resting on a duvet will not work.

I suggest a breakfast tray or similar

oh and a head torch to free up a hand.

and some clackers so he feels the love and doesnt get too scared.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
its a floored plan, you also need something to lean against as writing on a shirt resting on a duvet will not work.

But you've already suggested the floor?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Good idea.
oh and a head torch to free up a hand.
Can't you hold the torch in one hand, and the gun in the other?
and some clackers so he feels the love and doesnt get too scared.
Oh yeah, we don't want him getting scared, he might mess up the signature.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Just buy him a shirt and a black pen and explain that you cannot have everything in life unless you are willing to work for it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here