Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is there such thing as a dull season supporting the Albion?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We were on the edge of the playoffs until the last eight or ten games that season, not pressing but still in with a chance iirc

I seem to remember being within striking distance right up to the tonking at West Ham.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I googled it for a bit and found various pieces. Other clubs are more yo-yo if you go back as far as the start of the Football League but choosing the last 50 years then it says Albion come out top (or bottom) - its from 2015 but we've one more to chalk up obviously.
http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/story/_/id/12816551/which-football-club-promoted-relegated-most-often

Thanks for the link. For some reason, going on a gut feeling, I wouldn't even have had us in the top 10 of 'yo-yo clubs', even in the last 60 years. Always knew I had dodgy guts! :)

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
For a club that has been accused of having "no history" by various opposing supporters over the years I can't think of a club that's offered its fans such an interesting journey.

Four divisions, four home grounds, the battle for survival, the battle to stay in the League, the battle for the new ground and the grand finale of arriving in the top tier. And all the promotions and relegations along the way.

I remember John Vinnicombe once writing that Brighton were "the perfect football club" to support, because of all the highs and lows. And that was back in the early 80s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here