Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for coventry

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I and many others obviously missed that news, Who else could be tried with Kayal to rest both Stephens and Propper as I see it the only possibility is Rosenior or Tilley but for both CM not their natural position

Centre midfield is the one area of doubt, I agree. We have a tonne of good back up / options everywhere else.

After Stephens, Propper and Kayal, there is one fit member of the squad who has played centre midfield at Championship level or above...

El Capitano.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think Locadia will start on the left (that's where he's got most of his goals from) and Ulloa needs minutes, so I expect both of those to start.

My team:

Krul

Bruno
Goldson
Hunemier
Suttner

Locadia
Stephens
Kayal
Knockeart

Baldock
Ulloa

Subs: Ryan, Dunk, Scheletto, Propper, March, Gross, Murray

Keep Izquierdo fresh for Swansea!

Close to this but Hemed will be at least on the bench.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What about Mateju at right back to save Schelotto? He was bought as one to possibly push Bruno for a place but hasnt shown up much.

My view is Schelotto hasn't had that much football, he's in great form (which can disappear with a longish break), so I'd want to play him, same for Izqueirdo. They must have loads in their legs, you can't wrap your team in cotton wool.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How odd that in the Cup, when we apparently don't give a toss we get to see Ulloa and Locadia playing together. Probably our best 2 attacking options (along with Izquierdo at the moment)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How odd that in the Cup, when we apparently don't give a toss we get to see Ulloa and Locadia playing together. Probably our best 2 attacking options (along with Izquierdo at the moment)

1. I think it's 50/50 whether Locadia starts. Hughton:"At this moment the FA Cup, would be my thinking [Locadia making his debut]. He has been out for about six weeks but he has trained since last Thursday and I’d say he’s certainly done enough to be on the bench."

2. You've formed a pretty rapid assessment of him to already know he's one of our best 2 attacking options. I might reserve judgement until I've seen him kick a ball first.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
1. I think it's 50/50 whether Locadia starts. Hughton:"At this moment the FA Cup, would be my thinking [Locadia making his debut]. He has been out for about six weeks but he has trained since last Thursday and I’d say he’s certainly done enough to be on the bench."

2. You've formed a pretty rapid assessment of him to already know he's one of our best 2 attacking options. I might reserve judgement until I've seen him kick a ball first.

Well, the money we've paid for him has set my expectations quite high. He has to have more pace than our other options (other than Baldock perhaps) which has to be a positive.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Krul
Bruno
Goldson
Humdinger
Sooty
March
Kayal
Stephens
Izquierdo
Baldock
Ulloa

Subs Maneappa Dunk Bong Gyorkes Locadia Hemed Knockaert

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Krul
Bruno Hunemeier Goldson Suttner
Stephens Kayal March
Baldock Locadia
Ulloa

Subs: Krul Dunk Forbes Propper Knockaert Hemed Bjordal

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Locadia.
Give him a chance. Of the new multi million pound players we have in our team I think they have all taken a few games to settle in. It would be nice to see him but don't expect a handful of goals, not until the second half at least!

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Why is Stephens starting FA Cup games, while so many other first choice players are deemed worthy of a week off (or at least a place on the bench)?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Why is Stephens starting FA Cup games, while so many other first choice players are deemed worthy of a week off (or at least a place on the bench)?

He asked to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here