Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Difficulty of run-in

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
In the unlikely event that the Arsenal game gets called off next Sunday, I wonder when will they fit that in? End of season like the Man City Game?

Could we possibly have Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool as 5 of our last 6 games? Is that possible? Now that's a run-in!

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Run in now looks even more daunting, with the rearranged Man City away match likely to be one of our final five fixtures. Hoping that they sandwich it between Man United (H) and Liverpool (A), where at Anfield we are unlikely to get a result anyway, and the fatigue from playing another match will be coming at a more appropriate time. Would hate for our players to be knackered going into Burnley, knowing it's our best shot at any more points

Both Man City and Chelsea are still in the Champions League, but our rearranged home game against Chelsea looks likely, yet to be confirmed, to go ahead on April 17/18. Perhaps, your game at City might well be the same midweek.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
In the unlikely event that the Arsenal game gets called off next Sunday, I wonder when will they fit that in? End of season like the Man City Game?

Could we possibly have Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool as 5 of our last 6 games? Is that possible? Now that's a run-in!

Possibly...Our first 5 away games this season were Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Man City - 5 of last season's top 7. Our latest 4 home games have been Spurs, Liverpool, Man United, Man City. I'd like to ask the fixture compilers how they arrive at deciding on these "tough runs of matches".

Everton were handed a horrendous start with several early "Big Six" fixtures. Perhaps the so-called "Big Six" do not want to be joined by newly-rich upstarts Everton?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. Relegated.

Relegated if we draw as well is my assessment since our path to 38 points is so narrow.

I would say the same. Our current non bottom 3 position is almost irrelevant, as our final fixtures are against clubs who took 3 points from us with relative ease already.

Unless, we do an annual Palace/Bmuff style escape act, with Locadia and Ulloa giving us more threat, and start beating top 8 clubs.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes. Relegated.

Relegated if we draw as well is my assessment since our path to 38 points is so narrow.

I would say the same. Our current non bottom 3 position is almost irrelevant, as our final fixtures are against clubs who took 3 points from us with relative ease already.

Unless, we do an annual Palace/Bmuff style escape act, with Locadia and Ulloa giving us more threat, and start beating top 8 clubs.

And I disagree.

Beat: Leicester, Huddersfield and Palace. Draw v Burnley and Arsenal or United.
And that's with none tomorrow. And I think we'll get one at least which means only needing the one draw.
Leicester are 8th but definitely beatable.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Why would the game against Arsenal be called off?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Manage your expectations on this one. Locadia is looking good but he is going to take a couple of games to get into his stride. Do you want to make those games against the big boys or do it now with the "should win, must win or we're doooooooomed" games? I'll go with bedding him in now ( and the cup game, no loss there) so we have got all our talent fit and read for the run in. Saying that though, Ulloa looked on fire and so happy to be in the stripes again, could be enough to get the results we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here