Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We CAN do it !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BHAFC have a £ 200 000 000 squad now. I know that is a leg of Alexis Sanchez but it is the best squad of players I have ever seen supporting the team for 43 years.

To think in the past we signed Gary Hart for £ 1000 and a set of kit in the recent times it shows how far we have come. This team is absolutely superb and I am glad I am around to see it. It is hard to come to terms with how far we have come.

From almost obliteration and second bottom of league 4 two seasons in a row to now. We have lived this rollercoaster and to experience this now is something really special.

We can stay in the premier league

We CAN do it

SEAGULLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Look at our bench today! That was Brighton and Hove Albion's bench?! Can we stay up? Oh **** yeah!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh crap, an Uncle Spielberg prediction, that's all we bloody well need !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
BHAFC have a £ 200 000 000 squad now. I know that is a leg of Alexis Sanchez but it is the best squad of players I have ever seen supporting the team for 43 years.

To think in the past we signed Gary Hart for £ 1000 and a set of kit in the recent times it shows how far we have come. This team is absolutely superb and I am glad I am around to see it. It is hard to come to terms with how far we have come.

From almost obliteration and second bottom of league 4 two seasons in a row to now. We have lived this rollercoaster and to experience this now is something really special.

We CAN do it

SEAGULLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote of 2018 so far.

D

Deleted member 2719

I wonder where Dean Wilkins or bazza lloyd could have got us with 200,000,000. ???

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

We CAN do it

SEAGULLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We play like we did last week against West Ham and today for the rest of the season, we're staying up. Simples.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh aren't we so lucky that plucky little Brighton can come from the bottom to touching distance of the top.
All it took was a £300,000,000 investment and a further £100,000,000 'pay rise'.

Hang in there Barnet, now you know the formula to success, it's only a matter of time.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We will do it, but best squad? hmmmm... Brian Horton, Mark Lawrenson, Gary Stevens, Peter Ward, et al, may disagree.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

We CAN do it

SEAGULLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Uncle Spielberg- loving your positivity. I agree - the quality on display is truly amazing.
See you in a couple of weeks!
I am in the family stand (downstairs) for the Coventry game - bringing Mrs Upper Library and youngest Upper Library for their annual Amex experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I wonder where Dean Wilkins or bazza lloyd could have got us with 200,000,000. ???

I'd still love Dean Wilkins to have a place in our academy. I was gutted when he became manager, because I knew the next step would be out the door. Underrated as a player too.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'd still love Dean Wilkins to have a place in our academy. I was gutted when he became manager, because I knew the next step would be out the door. Underrated as a player too.

I agree, he was robbed of being part of this set up. He gave so much to the Albion he deserves to be involved.

Bring Wilko home. :albion:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

We CAN do it

SEAGULLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NSC is such a nicer place when we play well. I SO want to get to a game this season

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh aren't we so lucky that plucky little Brighton can come from the bottom to touching distance of the top.
All it took was a £300,000,000 investment and a further £100,000,000 'pay rise'.

Hang in there Barnet, now you know the formula to success, it's only a matter of time.
Not sure if you are being serious with this post?

Anybody with a brain that is functioning below capacity knows that in modern football promotion to the Premier League is no longer possible organically. As Tony Bloom has proven, the long term plan needs to be put in place along with adequate financial investment.

Prior that we were 'plucky little Brighton' for many more years than we wanted so, yes, carry on Barnet...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Oh crap, an Uncle Spielberg prediction, that's all we bloody well need !

:lol: I was enjoying the sentiment of this thread until I read this. Had forgotten about US' prediction skills.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure if you are being serious with this post?

Anybody with a brain that is functioning below capacity knows that in modern football promotion to the Premier League is no longer possible organically. As Tony Bloom has proven, the long term plan needs to be put in place along with adequate financial investment.

Prior that we were 'plucky little Brighton' for many more years than we wanted so, yes, carry on Barnet...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Of course I'm being serious.
Anyone with even just one brain cell knows the team of 'tracksuits for players, jumpers for goalposts, dogs for medical staff' no longer exists.
It ceased to exist the moment TB said 'enough of this nonsense I'm going to do this properly'.

The achievement of this fantastic Albion team staying up has absolutely no relevance to the Albion of my youth.
This season doesn't need propping up by rosy specced memories of days gone by.
There's always a place for that kind of retrospective shoe gazing, I'd imagine we all enjoyed a damn good wallow between promotion and kick off, and hopefully we can keep revisiting it as more milestones are reached.

But THIS doesn't show how far we've come, this is the progression of spending hundreds of millions of pounds effectively.

The club US is harking back to would still be that club, rattling around the third and fourth divisions, living a day to day existence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here