Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The value of the newbies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know this is a recurring theme, but I can't find one of the (many) other threads to bounce.

It would seem the recruitment team have spent Mr Bloom's money wisely, and at least this August's holiday, will be well earned.

Got to feel a bit worried for Locadia, he's following some very tough acts.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Locadia will start against Coventry.
Hopefully he’ll score and that’ll give him confidence.
Beat Swansea after that and we should be able to get to 38pts

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I know this is a recurring theme, but I can't find one of the (many) other threads to bounce.

It would seem the recruitment team have spent Mr Bloom's money wisely, and at least this August's holiday, will be well earned.

Agree with all of that. Winstanley really has done a great job at spending Tony's money.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Great point.

Schelotto, Ryan, Propper, Gross and Izquierdo all getting regular starts, is a great return on the punts taken on transfers. Again.

It was pointed out on another thread a few months back by someone, that Bournemouth spent fortunes on a stack of new players in their first PL season, but many never really made it for them (despite the world class coaching skills of the smirking prat).

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Locadia will start against Coventry.
Hopefully he’ll score and that’ll give him confidence.
Beat Swansea after that and we should be able to get to 38pts

Ulloa will start next week too, thay are both in urgent need of some game time.

Personally though l don't mind in the least if we don't see too much of Leo, simply because that will mean that Glenn Murray is doing his job and scoring the goals we need himself.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ulloa will start next week too, thay are both in urgent need of some game time.

Personally though l don't mind in the least if we don't see too much of Leo, simply because that will mean that Glenn Murray is doing his job and scoring the goals we need himself.

Hopefully 34 year old Murray will get a deserved rest.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Locadia will play on Saturday, be a bit ordinary, not score a hat trick, and have to suffer the grumbles, moans and complaints directed at him, and at the recruitment team. And then a few weeks down the line he’ll find his feet, score a goal or two, be generally amazing and the best buy ever, and then have to suffer the suffocating praise and adoration of NSC. Surely you know the script by now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here