Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I thought he was absolutely outstanding today apart from the non penalty at the end. He’s really grown into the season the co commentator (Tony gale)? was enthusing he must be close to a call up as his weight of pass was exceptional. I would hate to lose him as he’s so vital to how we play

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
The commentators on my stream were discussing a potential call up for him, and it was said that only Jack Cork has covered more distance than him this year.. whether they meant British player or not, I don't know

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
The guy is an absolutely fantastic footballer. The fact that there are still some Albion fans who can’t see what he offers to the team is true testament to just how stupid football fans can be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought he was absolutely outstanding today apart from the non penalty at the end. He’s really grown into the season the co commentator (Tony gale)? was enthusing he must be close to a call up as his weight of pass was exceptional. I would hate to lose him as he’s so vital to how we play

Tony Gale suggested the England team ought to be selecting him.

#ClearlyNotOnNSC. :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed = fantastic. Is usually better than Propper IMO. There were many on the Kayal thread suggesting Stephens should be the one dropped = no way!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Fantastic today he is like the chassis of our team, I would not like to play without him. Sure he isnt flair particularly, neither was Bryan Robson who he reminds me of

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely magnificent today, back to his brilliant best.

Streets ahead of Henderson for me, and must be at least as good as Cork.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We were having a discussion about Stephens last week, and came to the odd conclusion that he is better when he has less time to think. Some of the passes he plays at fast pace or when being closed down are phenomenal. The ones that go astray seem to be when he has time on the ball.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fantastic today he is like the chassis of our team, I would not like to play without him. Sure he isnt flair particularly, neither was Bryan Robson who he reminds me of

He's good, very good in fact, but Robson was a different class driving forward and scoring goals.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It was Propper's pass which lead to Gale claiming Stephens should be selected for England.

Ah I see how it is now.

Whenever Propper gives the ball away (like he did today in the build up to their goal) we attribute the error to Stephens.
Whenever Stephens plays well we pretend it was Propper.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
He's good, very good in fact, but Robson was a different class driving forward and scoring goals.

Yeah you are right. Dont get me wrong I am not putting him in the same class as Robson, he'd never be able to score like that what I meant was they are/were both total engines and crucial, I have to admit I grew up as a huge fan of Robson, and I can see some similarity in the role they play

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here