Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can’t see us changing too much after the West Ham performance:

Ryan
Schelotto-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-Stephens-Propper-Izquierdo
Groß
Murray​

Subs: Krul, Goldson, Kayal, March, Bruno, Locadia, Ulloa.

One change then, Locadia in for Baldock on the bench. This football management is a piece of piss at times.

:thumbsup:

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Many times this season it's been hard to pick a team what with the different options we have but surely it has to be an unchanged team after last week. Agree with Locadia in for Baldock on bench

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I would actually make 2 changes. Locadia for Baldock on the bench obviously.

But controversially I’d start with Ulloa and have Murray on the bench. As good as Murray has been the past 2 games I think we need to save him for the home games where he is so good and Leo looks so up for it, I really want to see what he can do from the start. Ulloa is an upgrade on Murray and this is such a huge game we need our best players starting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would field an unchanged side but depending on fitness possibly Locadia for Baldock if fit but only CH and the medical staff will know the answer as to whether he is ready, so wont be disappointed if they decide to wait until Coventry so as to give him more time for recovery. I would also look at bringing Ulloa on earlier than the 70th minute if GM is getting no joy from Shawcross.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

But controversially I’d start with Ulloa and have Murray on the bench. As good as Murray has been the past 2 games I think we need to save him for the home games where he is so good and Leo looks so up for it, I really want to see what he can do from the start. Ulloa is an upgrade on Murray and this is such a huge game we need our best players starting.
Bit harsh to drop a bloke who has scored in his last three games.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I'd start with Ulloa, good record against Stoke, and holds the ball up better than Glen, particularly important for an away game. Glen has been fantastic lately, but would like us to do what the opposition wouldn't want or see coming. I would start Locadia instead of Knockers.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Unchanged first 11 apart from Suttner for Bong, squeeze Locadia onto the bench somewhere

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

You point re Murray would be valid if we didn't have a two week between Stoke and Swansea due to our FA Cup game. Murray is likely to be on the bench at best for that, infact with Ulloa and Hemed in the squad now we may see Murray rested all together, so there is no point dropping Murray to save him for the Swansea game as there is plenty of recovery time. Ulloa certainly looks up for it (as well as leaner, stronger and a bit quicker than I remember), but how match fit is he? Considering the amount of football he's played this season he might not have the fitness to play 60 or 70mins plus yet against a physical side like Stoke.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'd start with Ulloa, good record against Stoke, and holds the ball up better than Glen, particularly important for an away game. Glen has been fantastic lately, but would like us to do what the opposition wouldn't want or see coming. I would start Locadia instead of Knockers.

You do not drop a striker who is scoring a goal a game. Ulloa will need to wait for his chance.
You would start a completely untried striker, who is not yet fully fit, at right mid? Seriously?

Only change for me would be March for AK.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

What system you aiming for with that? Knocky <-> Locadia isn't a like-for-like swap. Surely would be more likely for Groß <-> Locadia swap if Locadia was to start, and reverting to a more 4-4-2 instead of the current 4-4-1-1. Don't see that happening IMO. If we want to squeeze Locadia into the starting line up and play Ulloa as well, then I'd suggest Propper or Stephens would be the one to make way:

Ryan
Schelotto-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-(Propper/Stephens)-Izquierdo
Groß
Ulloa-Locadia​

With Groß being in a floating role - on attack he presses forward in between and behind Murray and Locadia, then defensively he drops back and takes over the second midfield role.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind seeing the system we tried vs Chelsea return, but structure it a bit more aggressively. Maybe completely bonkers :p:

Ryan
Schelotto-Duffy-Dunk-Goldson-Bong
Knockaert-Groß-Izquierdo
Ulloa-Locadia​

Schelotto and Bong both play slightly forward of the central three. And Groß is slightly forward of Knocky and Izquierdo. We'd either bang home goals for fun or ship a bucket load (or both).

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ulloa and Locaadia were obtained because we have not scored enough goals. One result doesnt change anything. They should both play

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would have Hünemeier on the bench instead of Goldson. And I would think about starting Bruno, not ruling out starting Schelotto as well.
Izquierdo followed by Murray have the best stats chance of scoring away. March is the other. March, Knockaert and Stephen have hit the woodwork though with the keeper beaten.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ulloa and Locaadia were obtained because we have not scored enough goals. One result doesnt change anything. They should both play

But that result does change that stance, as Brighton scored 3 without those players.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind seeing the system we tried vs Chelsea return, but structure it a bit more aggressively. Maybe completely bonkers :p:

Ryan
Schelotto-Duffy-Dunk-Goldson-Bong
Knockaert-Groß-Izquierdo
Ulloa-Locadia​

Schelotto and Bong both play slightly forward of the central three. And Groß is slightly forward of Knocky and Izquierdo. We'd either bang home goals for fun or ship a bucket load (or both).

Save that for Swansea!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here