Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Good to see all those EU flags being waved . . .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
More importantly, who will all the Brexit crew be supporting in the Ryder Cup? It must be keeping Brexit golf fans awake at night.....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
More importantly, who will all the Brexit crew be supporting in the Ryder Cup? It must be keeping Brexit golf fans awake at night.....

Europe is a continent.

The European Union (EU) is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe.

MASSIVE difference.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Europe is a continent.

The European Union (EU) is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe.

MASSIVE difference.
Remind me which flag our team has as it's logo and which flag all the supporters wave..... As I say it must be twisting some melons. [emoji23]

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Apparently it was the other way around - a report has shown that the lack of love for the UK at Eurovision tipped the balance in the Brexit vote. "A long tradition of rejection at Eurovision left Britons feeling like outsiders in Europe"

It didn't need Eurovision to confirm that viewpoint.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
gone.jpg

We're oot

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't ABBA win at the Dome in the 70's?
Yes. For some reason I thought it was the Brighton Centre, but you're right, it was the Dome. ('74)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Wouldn't it be glorious if, post 2019, we could finally say goodbye to this charade but I shudder to think that it will linger on. Everyone throughout the world knows our standing in the pantheon of popular music and yet we allow ourselves to be ritually humiliated every year, whilst some cheap and tacky boom bang a bang tune soars to the top of the poll.

It would be the only good thing to come out of the shambles that is brexit.

IMO.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Wouldn't it be glorious if, post 2019, we could finally say goodbye to this charade but I shudder to think that it will linger on. Everyone throughout the world knows our standing in the pantheon of popular music and yet we allow ourselves to be ritually humiliated every year, whilst some cheap and tacky boom bang a bang tune soars to the top of the poll.

mo all the reasons you state are PRECISELY why its such good fun !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here