Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kick It Out: Significant rise of discrimination at midway point

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Kick It Out, football’s equality and inclusion organisation, has revealed a significant rise in the number of incidents of discrimination reported at the mid-way point of the 2017/18 season.

The organisation received over 300 reports relating to 282 incidents of discriminatory abuse by the end of 2017, covering the professional game, grassroots football and social media. This marks an increase of 59% from the same period last season (177 incidents).

http://www.kickitout.org/news/signi...on-reports-at-mid-way-stage-of-2017-18-season

59% increase is a pretty unpleasant stat. It breaks it down further with racism being the predominant form of discrimination reported.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Kick It Out, football’s equality and inclusion organisation, has revealed a significant rise in the number of incidents of discrimination reported at the mid-way point of the 2017/18 season.

The organisation received over 300 reports relating to 282 incidents of discriminatory abuse by the end of 2017, covering the professional game, grassroots football and social media. This marks an increase of 59% from the same period last season (177 incidents).

http://www.kickitout.org/news/signi...on-reports-at-mid-way-stage-of-2017-18-season

59% increase is a pretty unpleasant stat. It breaks it down further with racism being the predominant form of discrimination reported.

Twaddle report. The number of complaints/reports of 'discrimination' may have increased, but I doubt very much that the actual instances really have.

As for 'Biphobia' :facepalm:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Twaddle report. The number of complaints/reports of 'discrimination' may have increased, but I doubt very much that the actual instances really have.

What makes you say that?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

As for 'Biphobia' :facepalm:

I find your dismissiveness troubling. Are you suggesting that in the first half of '17-'18 season, people became 59% more comfortable reporting incidents of discrimination than they were last year? How would you explain such a steep rise in willingness to report? And remember, unless you claim that people are making these things up, that is 282 reported incidents at the football in half a season - far too many, I hope you would agree.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Is there an obia for someone abusing / discriminating against white / heterosexual ??

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What they really mean is they've trumped something up to justify this irrelevant organisations continuing existence and their seats on the gravy train.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Discrimination down, reporting of discrimination up. That is the real story. As it is in life in general outside of football.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Is there an obia for someone abusing / discriminating against white / heterosexual ??

Give it time and there will be. Currently the people in that particular group just man up and don’t worry about it. No emotional support animals are required and long may that continue.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

In line with the rise in crime generally and racist incidents. Looks like standards are going to hell in a handcart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here