Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du Jour.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
A man went to see his doctor and told him that the only food he could eat without being violently ill were fresh herbs. His neighbour had several pots of herbs which he grew, and lent the man some so he could pick the leaves off and eat them when he got hungry. The doctor gave him the news he had dreaded. He was living on borrowed thyme.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Hold on, hold on a second, something's not right here. How can you lend someone
something they then eat?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The advice his doctor gave was mint, that said he's got too much thyme on his hands and shouldn't be wasting it on this guy, this is why the NHS is in the state it is, why didn't he just go online for the advice?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
something they then eat?

He can buy some and return the same quantity, it won't be the same Thyme, bit like when you borrow a £20, you don't usually give the same actual note back to the lender, just an equal amount of legal tender.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
something they then eat?
He's borrowed the plants, which he can later return. He won't return the leaves he eats, but new ones will grow.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
He can buy some and return the same quantity, it won't be the same Thyme, bit like when you borrow a £20, you don't usually give the same actual note back to the lender, just an equal amount of legal tender.

Not if it came into my kitchen. Basil is a classic example. Once you've used the leaves, the plant's essentially knackered.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The man could parsley the thyme away by, waiting for Dr Basil(if thats his name), to Oreganover to the pharmacy to Dilly Dally about, a bit more!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's a sexist story. Any fule kno that the leading expert on herb-based disorders is a woman; Rosemary something, I think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I genuinely think that thyme is the same. Having cinn-em-on tv doing the same thing.
When they're on tv they have a pathetic little pot to pick from, and once picked the plant is almost gone. You can get a much larger plant that'll keep going.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What if the herb is cannabis? I think the OP has a duty to report this to his local constable. It’s possible that he’ll get a bit of Lovage in return.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
How many thyme plants has the neighbour got? It seems a bit far fetched to think that one plant can easily sustain a fully grown man.
And isn't borrowing it and then having to replace it each time a little counterproductive? Why doesn't he just buy his own plant?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
my old chemistry teacher was found dead , hanging from his wardrobe door by a belt around his neck , he was wearing fish net stockings and stilettos and he had a 12 inch dildo rammed uphill arse ......at his funeral which most of the old boys attended the vicar said he would be remembered for his charity work.....i don't think so ....:moo:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
my old chemistry teacher was found dead , hanging from his wardrobe door by a belt around his neck , he was wearing fish net stockings and stilettos and he had a 12 inch dildo rammed uphill arse ......at his funeral which most of the old boys attended the vicar said he would be remembered for his charity work.....i don't think so ....:moo:

:needpics:

Maybe not

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here