Faversham
I can't wait until this phase of drinking horrible ale is over

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

index.jpeg

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Do people really go to Benidorm looking for real ale? I once drove past Benidorm (and was told it was probably the most sensiblist thing I ever did!!) but I thought Benidorm was Blackpool in the sun! Dentist chairs where you are forced to drink shots? tattoos by the dozen cos your pissed as rats!! knee tremblers on every street corner?? .....Shirley you would not be doing these super activities whilst sipping a pint of IPA??

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
IPA is a bitter

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Do people really go to Benidorm looking for real ale? I once drove past Benidorm (and was told it was probably the most sensiblist thing I ever did!!) but I thought Benidorm was Blackpool in the sun! Dentist chairs where you are forced to drink shots? tattoos by the dozen cos your pissed as rats!! knee tremblers on every street corner?? .....Shirley you would not be doing these super activities whilst sipping a pint of IPA??

Its not a holiday destination of my choice, far from it, but, although I have never been there its fun enough for a stag.
To be fair the 12 birth villa just outside Benidorm is superb with a huge private pool and BBQ area.
Just because its horrible, it will still have an old town and proper Spanish restaurants so I can get at least one authentic Paella.
And I want to go to the bars and see what its all about as well, maybe chat up some old boilers, bars with tits oot etc etc, why not.
Problem is I am an ale drinker,I really do not like lager or John Smiths type bitter, yes I can drink cider, Guiness, Gin & Tonic, and wine, but not in large amounts and if I mix it, it will crucify me, but ale I can drink all night and be fine, hence the thread.
Thanks for all the replies, quite looking forward to a few days fun in the sun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I get confused these days to be fair I dont know what i'm drinking, Doom Bar is an amber ale, my favourite is Dartmoor Jail Ale which may well be a bitter, Tribute, Proper Job, London Pride, Speckled Hen etc, I just drink the stuff, just cannot drink the mainstream bitters.

Proper Job is a lovely beer.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I get confused these days to be fair I dont know what i'm drinking, Doom Bar is an amber ale, my favourite is Dartmoor Jail Ale which may well be a bitter, Tribute, Proper Job, London Pride, Speckled Hen etc, I just drink the stuff, just cannot drink the mainstream bitters.

I've never been to Benidorm, so can't offer specific advice, but micro breweries and craft bars are popping up all over Spain and indeed the wider Mediterranean area. I've made a few references to it on the Old man's craft beer thread. My guess is that a holiday destination largely focused around booze will have a few options, alternatively I reckon there will be reasonable German wheat beers and Belgian ales that are more up your street, or at least much better than the pervasive cooking lagers!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I've never been to Benidorm, so can't offer specific advice, but micro breweries and craft bars are popping up all over Spain and indeed the wider Mediterranean area. I've made a few references to it on the Old man's craft beer thread. My guess is that a holiday destination largely focused around booze will have a few options, alternatively I reckon there will be reasonable German wheat beers and Belgian ales that are more up your street, or at least much better than the pervasive cooking lagers!

Great points, thank you.
To be serious, i have been told I would struggle and the thought of everyone shoving lager down their throats while i am poncing about looking for something I can drink would stand me with a good chance of looking like a right prat.
The groom is welsh so he will drink anything.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here