Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Can't access APN setting in Nougat

Please stop me from tearing my hair out! I have a new phone on Nougat and need to change the APN setting to use a FreedomPop SIM. This was easy on my last phone (Gingerbread) but I've now spent half a hour researching and going on other forums, where I'm advised it's on 'Settings -> SIM & Network settings -> SIM Setting -> Access Point names'
or it's under 'Wireless and Networks'. My OS is Android 7.0 on a Huawei but neither of these is listed. I can find WPS under 'advanced wi-fi settings' or my MAC and IP a/d, but no APN.
Please help!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Please stop me from tearing my hair out! I have a new phone on Nougat and need to change the APN setting to use a FreedomPop SIM. This was easy on my last phone (Gingerbread) but I've now spent half a hour researching and going on other forums, where I'm advised it's on 'Settings -> SIM & Network settings -> SIM Setting -> Access Point names'
or it's under 'Wireless and Networks'. My OS is Android 7.0 on a Huawei but neither of these is listed. I can find WPS under 'advanced wi-fi settings' or my MAC and IP a/d, but no APN.
Please help!

Nougat, pop and gingerbread.
Perhaps you should call the Candyman, if he's engaged, try twice more :cool:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tenor.gif

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Please help!

On my phone it's under Settings then under the Wireless & networks section hit 'More' then Mobile Networks>Access Point Names.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Please help!

You don't say which model of Hauwei phone you have, but maybe the links below will help?
http://apn-settings.com/huawei-p9-apn-settings-guide-for-dummies/
http://apn-settings.com/apn/huawei-p10-apn-settings/
https://www.androidcentral.com/what-apn-and-how-do-i-change-it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sounds like a sticky problem

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills