Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our 'favourite' ref will be in attendance at Stoke!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Interesting that the complete and utter shyster hasn't been allocated down here yet....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looking at that I must say that Bobby Maddley isnt much better if indeed he is.any better. He gets slated regularly on MOTD. for making mistakes with his decisions.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He was ref at Southampton and got off lightly I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I was thinking about this last week actually.

MD has not been given a game down here at all since the fateful day back in 2016. He has however been given 3 of our games as ref out of 26 games this season. How long will it be until they decide to give him a game down here - IIRC Liam Rosenior said that he wouldn't ref us for two years at least - but that's not the case clearly - so perhaps next season if we're still in the premier league, he'll ref his first game down here...

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Time to forget about Mike Dean - I know it was a big mistake, at Middlesbrough two years ago, but we have had him three times this year and he has not done anything to affect the game against us. 1-0 win at Swansea, 2-0 defeat at Chelsea and a 1-1 at Southampton.

Similarly, since that Burnley disgrace, even Craig Pawson has not really messed up against us.

Jon Moss had a poor game, but generally this year, most games have not had too many controversial decisions. WHU - great advantage played and still booked the offending player after we had scored, but should have given the handball penalty as arms were deliberately raised in a blocking move.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
but.....

only as 4th Official :D

Stoke City v Brighton & Hove Albion
Referee: Bobby Madley
Assistants: Marc Perry, Mick McDonough
Fourth official: Mike Dean

Well Mike Dean was only supposed to be 4th official for the Watford v. Chelsea game last night, but due to the 'unavailablity' of another of our fave refs, Craig Pawson, ended up taking the whistle.

Could it happen again on Saturday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here