Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] John Mahoney RIP

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMG_3047.JPG

Always a joy to watch on Frasier. From Yorkshire and an openly gay man, both unusual for Hollywood and US TV even these days.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
View attachment 93889

Always a joy to watch on Frasier. From Yorkshire and an openly gay man, both unusual for Hollywood and US TV even these days.

I didn't know that he was British or Gay!

Loved Frasier. Been dipping into it a bit recently after many years. RIP.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I didn't know that he was British or Gay!

Loved Frasier. Been dipping into it a bit recently after many years. RIP.

Well make sure you're wearing socks cos I'm about to blow them off. The actor who played the ultra male sports presenter on Frasier, Bulldog? Also gay.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's in the top 5 TV shows of all time for me.

Probably true. I really liked Cheers,but it didn't really have the depth of Frazier over the years. Difficult to think of many better sit-coms, probably no other US ones on my list., Scrubs, maybe.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
John Mahoney was a great actor and Frasier has to be up there with some of the best made comedy sitcoms. Well written but very well acted and Mahoney for me often stole the show.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
My favourite comedy show.

The scrip and balance of comedic input from all the characters was unsurpassed. They say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I beg to differ (try and imagine Niles saying that!)

RIP Marty!:(

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah, is put Frasier in top 5 easily.

Parks and Recreation
Curb your Enthusiasm
Frasier
Dream On
Northern Exposure.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ham Radio. All day long, the best episode is Ham Radio. [emoji23]

Also, when they end up in the cabin in the woods. Frasier; "All this lust COARSING through this cabin, and none of it was for me?!". :bowdown:
I'd agree with Ham Radio and The Ski Lodge as my favourite episodes, but there was so much great comedy across the whole run of the show. The ep where Patrick Stewart plays an opera director with a crush on Frasier is brilliant too, aa just one example.

RIP John. :(

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The last American comedy I was ever really into and possibly my favourite sit-com (it's this, 'Father Ted', 'Fawlty Towers' or 'One Foot In The Grave').

RIP.

theboybilly

Ham Radio. All day long, the best episode is Ham Radio. :laugh:

Also, when they end up in the cabin in the woods. Frasier; "All this lust COARSING through this cabin, and none of it was for me?!". :bowdown:

I can't argue with Ham Radio as the best, but I have a soft spot for Voyage of the Damned.
My favourite line was when the boys were looking at a Care Home for Martin in (I think) the very first episode - 'Here's one...Golden Acres - We care so you don't have to' Brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here