Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] John Mahoney RIP

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I can't argue with Ham Radio as the best, but I have a soft spot for Voyage of the Damned.
My favourite line was when the boys were looking at a Care Home for Martin in (I think) the very first episode - 'Here's one...Golden Acres - We care so you don't have to' Brilliant

The superb line I love, when a newsreader/local events type TV woman was doing an outside broadcast, when she came out with the line ...;

"You know my motto, if it's on in Seattle, it's news to me"

Great writing !

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Often the star of the show. RIP John.

Jul 7, 2003
Well make sure you're wearing socks cos I'm about to blow them off. The actor who played the ultra male sports presenter on Frasier, Bulldog? Also gay.

...but the bloke who played Gil the camp restaurant critic was a raving hetrosexual.

John Mahoney was a great actor and Frasier has to be up there with some of the best made comedy sitcoms. Well written but very well acted and Mahoney for me often stole the show.

Couldn't agree more. Love watching the reruns of Frasier as the writing is so good. Very British in a way as a lot of it is in the style of a good old West End farce with people coming in and out of rooms.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
RIP. Love Frasier, reminds me of a classic British theatricle farce, can't help but watch it when it's been on loop constantly for the past 200 years :lolol:

Fun Frasier Fact.
The actor who delivered Martin's chair in episode 1 ( 1993 ) is the same actor who came to remove it in the last episode ( 2004).
Nice touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here