Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Jaws with live orchestra Brighton Dome

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Could be worth a go. Best seats left £ 47.50 or £ 57.50 ! Seems a lot but nearly sold out. Great film, great score. Seems to be latest " in vogue " event films with a live orchestra's playing the musical score. What is the verdict ?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Could be worth a go. Best seats left £ 47.50 or £ 57.50 ! Seems a lot but nearly sold out. Great film, great score. Seems to be latest " in vogue " event films with a live orchestra's playing the musical score. What is the verdict ?

My verdict is that is sounding really cool for a night out but **** thats expensive hey

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My verdict is that is sounding really cool for a night out but **** thats expensive hey

It will be a new experience but £ 50 a pop ! ET and I would be there in a heartbeat

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Don't bother. Won't be good.

We did something similar for "Sister Act" with a live choir.

Either go to the cinema and watch the film or go to a concert and listen to the orchestra.

This is a bit like the Kiwi bowler Bob Cunis...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
£57.50 to see a 70s flim :eek:

Buythe DVD off eBay for £5.00, spend £52.50 on Tennants Super and crisps and turn the TV up loud. :D

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've seen a few at the Royal Albert Hall such as Gladiator and they have all been an enjoyable experience.

Whether this transfers to the Dome, with I assume a smaller orchestra, will be interesting

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is the Chec orchestra I think so should be good but the score whilst decent it is no et, schindlers list, close encounters, war horse or saving private ryan. It should be a good event but for the price not sure

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Orchestras at this level of talent sound fantastic live. £57 is a going rate especially if its a full traveling one, they all need paying.

You like all things Speilberg, go for it you over most of us should enjoy it. No sound system quite replicates a full Orchestra, John Williams isnt always my thing but this is what he does best.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My prediction is the shark will drown within 6 minutes , there’s no water tank that big inside the auditorium

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am a huge Philip Glass fan, so I am going up to see Satyagraha at the opera house next week, its a cheaper night and a cheaper ticket but still £99. Should be worth it if its any where as good as the last two put on in London.

So less the travel and ease of the Dome probbaly worth it for this even just for the novelty.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Zimmer live must be amazing. Must see this fella

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's two notes. What can an orchestra do with that? Much better Williams scored films to see live I would think.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The Empire Strikes Back would see me part with some cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here