Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
The one that looks very much like the West Stand at the Amex, you mean?

And no, to be fair, I imagine there aren't many Glazier....er, I mean, Eagles fans who would swap, because I know and you know that the horrific old place rather suits you.

Yeah the stand with the GLAZED front you mean? Yeah thats the one in homage to our Heritage. Spose we could of stuck a massive sticker of an Eagle on there and some stones in the garden, maybe even a nice mosaic.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
That is a crock of shite. Based on our visits to date, I've done them all, I'd say Huddersfield should be top, Leicester close as well. Swansea, Southampton, Newcastle and Spurs shouldn't even feature in the top half.

Thats just nonsense. All of those bar Huddersfield where we havent been yet have been awful, Newcastle included.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This arguing about who’s ground is best is really quite pointless. Palace fans are obviously like the rather strange people who like to be whipped to get their jollies. Masochism has always seemed a little odd to me, but, if they enjoy the 19th century dump, who are we to deny them.

Live, and let live.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think you need to narrow your date ranges when searching. If your going to post images of our sh1t ground at least make them up to date.

To be fair to him, he probably struggled to see where the ground "improvements" have been as I expect there was a rusty pillar with bits of furry, 60 year old telephone cable hanging off it, directly in his line of sight.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think you need to narrow your date ranges when searching. If your going to post images of our sh1t ground at least make them up to date.

Steady on Easy: move with the times!

They have CLADDING on those grubby old sheds now, in classic Vera Duckworth style.

You can put lipstick on a pig.

But its still a pig.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah the stand with the GLAZED front you mean? Yeah thats the one in homage to our Heritage. Spose we could of stuck a massive sticker of an Eagle on there and some stones in the garden, maybe even a nice mosaic.

The GLAZED front, in "homage" to your heritage*? :lolol: Most football clubs have these, but we just call them "windows".

*the heritage you wilfully shelved in favour of a contrived but more glamorous connection to a bird which has never in the history of South London resided in the wild there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Huddersfield's atmosphere would blow away any other team in the Premier League I'd say. By the far the most consistently loud I've heard this season, and its hard to see anywhere, and certainly Selhurst, beating this.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Seeing that little corner always makes me feel very, very embarrassed for English football.

I can imagine. Seeing your happy little faces clutching your clappers makes me feel very, very embarrassed for the sport of football.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can imagine. Seeing your happy little faces clutching your clappers makes me feel very, very embarrassed for the sport of football.

Seeing a bunch of spotty kids in facescarves and balaclavas assaulting stewards and jumping over turnstiles, before chucking rookscarers into an area full of scared people makes me feel very, very embarrassed for the sport of football.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Seeing a bunch of spotty kids in facescarves and balaclavas assaulting stewards and jumping over turnstiles, before chucking rookscarers into an area full of scared people makes me feel very, very embarrassed for the sport of football.

Were you one of the scaredy cats that didnt turn up in the cup by any chance?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Were you one of the scaredy cats that didnt turn up in the cup by any chance?

The 'area of scared people' were Palace fans, you dinlow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here