Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ffs! Open the upper stands and get tickets on general sale! - East Stand Upper now on sale

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another thread

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Poll?

Sometimes it needs a strongly-worded thread title to hopefully catch the club's eye and force them to confront the fact that they're acting like tinpot dickheads. There's only so many tickets they can sell in the lower tier dead zone for little Josh's birthday party treat.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's a result for those of us with a purchase history only. More than happy with things as they are thanks. #BigWednesday

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well said that man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yes. It is worth its own thread.

Unbelievable incompetence being shown by the club on this one.

My guess is that they WILL sufficiently choke off the interest and end up justifying their decision to open lower bowl only as not all the lower down seats in the NS and in the corners will actually sell out. There will also be around 300 "singles" that will not sell.

How many e-mails have they sent out so far with information about the game and marketing the tickets? Is it zero?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why would they do that when there are still 2,267 tickets remaining.

Because these are the same 2,267 seats that sell last for every game when they refuse to open the “ticket exchange”.

Everyone is waiting for the better seats to go on sale. Obviously (to everyone but the club).

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I did actually receive a email from the club telling me Coventry tickets for myself and other Bronze members will be available to purchase from tomorrow , so i can't imagine they just sent me it , they got the Palace game horribly wrong so i suppose are being mega cautious on demand before opening up all areas , by wednesday i would of thought the need for a all stadium opening will become obvious to the club at that point

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Yep agree,unless I can get my seat I'm wsu,I won't be going

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

My guess is that they WILL sufficiently choke off the interest and end up justifying their decision to open lower bowl only as not all the lower down seats in the NS and in the corners will actually sell out. There will also be around 300 "singles" that will not sell.

How many e-mails have they sent out so far with information about the game and marketing the tickets? Is it zero?

Not sure why but marketing for this game (and the Palace game) has been almost nonexistent. I had a few beers Saturday but don’t recall seeing any posters or anything on the screens promoting it. If it wasn’t for NSC I wouldn’t have known about the arrangements, even then it wasn’t clear how many tickets you could buy (or not depending whether you wanted to allocate tickets or not). I’m going in the North but I’d imagine there’s an awful lot waiting for WSU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I am waiting for the upper tiers to open. Anywhere upper E towards the centre (my normal seat) or Upper west centre.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Who makes decision not to open upper tiers. No comparison with Palace game. That was a Monday mid week,a school day.and bad history with previous fixture.
This is a Saturday at 3 and chance to get to last 8 of cup. No effort by club to push fixture. It is just as if they have promised Coventry additional tickets and are trying to under sell. What an opportunity to attract those that cant usually get tickets. However forgot we make it difficult for people to go a few times by insisting they pay 25 pounds to become a member before they can get a ticket. I registered at no cost with Southampton and was able to buy a ticket in home end.
I get enough emails from club about merchandise and corporate hospitality but nothing in last few days pushing this fixture or while i am on emails anything ever about ticket exchange.

el punal

Why is it so unbelievably incompetent? If you want to go, general sale tickets are up for grabs on Wednesday. It's stated on the official club site. So why all the angst? It's quite simple, on-line from 9.00am, by phone from 2.00pm. Not that difficult is it? Unless of course your beef is about something entirely different. If, of course, the club have a much bigger demand then obviously the upper tiers will then be open and then there will be more tickets available.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why is it so unbelievably incompetent? If you want to go, general sale tickets are up for grabs on Wednesday. It's stated on the official club site. So why all the angst? It's quite simple, on-line from 9.00am, by phone from 2.00pm. Not that difficult is it? Unless of course your beef is about something entirely different. If, of course, the club have a much bigger demand then obviously the upper tiers will then be open and then there will be more tickets available.
It is, in my opinion, incompetent because they have two weeks to market this match and fill the stadium and they have made a pig's ear of the first few days.

Whole stadium open from the start. £15 adults and £5 concessions. Proper positive marketing campaign. Get the place full and rocking. Job done. Easy.

el punal

It is, in my opinion, incompetent because they have two weeks to market this match and fill the stadium and they have made a pig's ear of the first few days.

Whole stadium open from the start. £15 adults and £5 concessions. Proper positive marketing campaign. Get the place full and rocking. Job done. Easy.

I understand your sentiments, unfortunately the FA Cup has been so vastly undervalued in recent years that the attraction that it once was will probably never be again. For Coventry fans this is their one-off big day of the season, a bit like when we played Villa in 2010. For the majority of Albion fans this is probably a take it or leave it fixture - an ideal time to take someone who's never watched us play before, but really no big deal. How far have we come, eh?

My view is the club can market this until the cows come home, reduce the prices - which they have, and I think they'll still be hard pushed to get an attendance of more than 22,000 give or take.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here